If You Were Born In The 80's In Singapore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brings back memories for me, just like the rest of you.

I'd just like to say: make your future memories now! Take your pictures now, not reminisce how good 2000-2009 was twenty years later, and wished you had some mementos from that era.

It doesn't have to be technically good or compositionally excellent. It doesn't have to be photoshopped. Take the examples of the SBS buses. If there was a CS equivalent in the 80s, I am sure forummers would have slammed it. But when you view these again twenty years later, it brings back a whole lot of entirely different feelings. It invokes your memories and picture quality has little to do with it.

Just hope JPG is still a supported format then though...

I wonder if anyone collected the primary school textbooks from this era ('80s and early '90s), will really love to be able to view them again so as to refresh my ageing memory.

This one is it?
PriEnglish.jpg

Not my copy. Get it from some other site.

I wander if any of you guys still keeping these Game & Watch
Donkey Kong
donkeykong.jpg

Egg
egg.jpg

Manhole
manhole.jpg

Popeye
popeye.jpg

hahahah ... this is like a "time capsule" thread ...:thumbsup:

:eek:

basic reader !!

must go find my book worm ... GOLD CARD !!! wahahah

i used to have this kinda strange feeling wen i sit just above the driver on double deck... u should try wen the driver drives at high speed and make a sudden swerve...a bit heart pounding to me..:sweat:

You guys remember those old school buses had almost impossible to move windows? coz they got seized in place? Also the double decks right, all the way at the front, it had a small mirror which the driver could look up & see the upper deck!

& of course, those old school buses had the annoying "ting" that would go on as long as you hold the bell! haha! I used to press it & hold on to it like 15seconds until the bus driver turns around & give me a big scoulding

I guess you guys must be familiar with these 2 tv programmes.
All time favourite.
The A-Teams
ateam_450x350.jpg

oh man! I do remember Mr T!!! used to have his action figure with the motorbike as well!

oh yea, I remember those PEP books! hahaha! classic man! Where did you find them anyway?
Those handheld games if you are lucky, still can find them at China Square Central toy flea market on sunday!

I guess you guys must be familiar with these 2 tv programmes.
All time favourite.

Knight Rider with the talking car 'KITT'
knightrider460.jpg

The A-Teams
ateam_450x350.jpg

Yeah... remember them alright! Kitt and Mr T! Non stop action pack. :thumbsup:

:eek:

basic reader !!

must go find my book worm ... GOLD CARD !!! wahahah

There used to be a bookwork club right across Peace Center at Selegie right? They tore the building down already, now there is a new spanking building right in place.

I used to go to the bookwork club there to play NES games! I used to hang out with my brother alot last time at Peace Center last time because my mom did accounting & admin work for my uncle's sport shop at Peace Center called Ren Sports, mainly tennis business

This one is it?
PriEnglish.jpg

Donkey Kong
donkeykong.jpg

Egg
egg.jpg

Manhole
manhole.jpg

Popeye
popeye.jpg

Wah...Popeye, Donkey kong,Not to forget still got Western Bar! another game is got Octupus what is the name?

Last edited:
was in pri sch in the 70's.... but still rem fighting with bottle caps, playing sakale, and drinking sinalco and green spot!

:bsmilie:

Wah ...drinking green spot n sinalco almost every day in school still got Marinda? did i get it right?

Wah ...drinking green spot n sinalco almost every day in school still got Marinda? did i get it right?

Mirinda_Orange_Logo.gif

sin01.jpg

& kickkapo(not sure about the spelling), but kickkapo still around..

Back than, soft drinks were label Fraser and Neave, the younger generation now only know it as F&N

I did everything 80s as a kid except for music, I was home every day listening to my dad's Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, Queen, so kinda miss out alot on the 80s music which was the best!

Must go mambo night :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Mirinda_Orange_Logo.gif

sin01.jpg

& kickkapo(not sure about the spelling), but kickkapo still around..

Back than, soft drinks were label Fraser and Neave, the younger generation now only know it as F&N

I did everything 80s as a kid except for music, I was home every day listening to my dad's Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, Queen, so kinda miss out alot on the 80s music which was the best!

Must go mambo night :thumbsup:

I guess you miss the SOLID GOLD dancers a lot.

All that new generation trasformers these days, the robots still not as kena as the 1980s, only thing kena is Megan Fox ;p

Original movie poster of transformers 1986.

This is the movie where optimus died & hot rod became Rodimus Prime
Megatron became Galvatron
I think the insecticons, skywary & thunder cracker became scourge & the sweeps
Unicron got destroyed blah blahblah.........

transformers_the_movie.jpg

There are 2 more Nintendo games, Parachute and Octopus! I should still have my Octopus somewhere, my first "electronic game". Anyone remembers the boxing game too? It's a calculator and boxing game, 2-in-1.

I used to have a "Speak & Spell", considered very high-tech then, could do spelling, word puzzles. Cost my dad S$100 IIRC back then.

This one is it?
PriEnglish.jpg

Donkey Kong
donkeykong.jpg

Egg
egg.jpg

Manhole
manhole.jpg

Popeye
popeye.jpg

O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now we are talking real 80s bro! Solid gold!!!!

Best TV programe for music back than, no MTV than.. hahaha

solidGold.jpg

o_O Skin tight spendexs

Hahahaha!!!
It a must for the dancers to appear opening and also at the end of the shows.

Anyone remembers the boxing game too? It's a calculator and boxing game, 2-in-1.

Oh ya! Remembered sneak to my brother drawer and took it without his knowledge. In the end get 1 punch in the eye by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.