If you can only bring one PRIME lens...

If you can only bring one prime lens, which would it be?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 50mm prime. Tried and tested.

Until I sold it away a few years back...my favorite lens I am sure to bring anywhere with me is my 60mm Micro. Great for up close and great using it as a replacement to my 50mm F1.8

50 prime :thumbsup:

I always use my sigma 30mm f1.4. But have been trying not to touch it lately to get myself familiar with 50mm f1.4. I relied too much on the 30mm until i could not work well with 50mm.

I always use my sigma 30mm f1.4. But have been trying not to touch it lately to get myself familiar with 50mm f1.4. I relied too much on the 30mm until i could not work well with 50mm.

Hmmmmm... more of a user issue... just needs a while to get used to the focal length again...

24 1.4 if i'm using 1.6x body...
35 1.4 if i'm using FF body...

28mm 1.4.

well, i've got a 50 1.4, thats lovely. ive never tried a 35mm pov but i guess at 1.4, it would be just as fun!

50 mm is gd because its the closest to what our eyes see. on a ff sensor or 35mm of course.

Carl Zeiss 28mmF2.8 Biogon T* for the Contax G2 rangefinder.

It's so good, I got 2 of them :D. Pity Contax is gone now.

For current production lens, my pick will be the Cosina Voigtlander 50mm F3.5 Heliar.
Reputedly among the highest SQF performance ever.

I love my Pentax FA 50mm F1.4

Bring it for walk around and love quality. :D

28mm 1.4.

well, i've got a 50 1.4, thats lovely. ive never tried a 35mm pov but i guess at 1.4, it would be just as fun!

I will love to have the 28/1.4 for a walkabout, only if I have the dough to get one...

Nikon should come out with an AFS 24/1.4.

if pressed like this I would be forced to choose 35 mm on my film camera or equivalent 17,5 mm on my FourThirds camera

why "boring" 35 mm?

because for me it would be the most universal focal length: 50 mm (or equi 25 mm) would be too narrow especially for landscape and architecture, and 24/28 mm (12/14 mm) would be too wide for lots of other motives though being perfect for landscape & architecture

28/1.8 on full frame. :) (that includes 'full frame' film..)

Does everything I need it to..

Vivitar Series One 105mm f/2.5 Macro!

wonderful (nicest i've ever used) build quality, very very nicely damped focus ring, nice focal length for stand away shots and super nice bokeh=P plus, its f/2.5! & i get to use the aperture ring on the lens=P also versatile enuf to get me down to 1:1.

I'd bring my 50mm f/1.4 bcoz I only have 1 prime lens, hehe. But I'm very satisfied with this prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.