if someone spits at you

Those Aunties and Uncles are correctly known as 'Crowd Controller'... NOT security personal

Oh wow. I heard they were so garang when you bring tripod, camera and model there (MRT Station, Bus Terminal, etc.) to shoot. Confirm they will emulate Gurkha style and ask you to pack up and go off.

Din know that spitting competition is allowed there.

the man will be charged in court tmrw. as reported in the news.

He is a pathetic coward maybe that's how he bully his spouse.Let him try on a guy.

Oh wow. I heard they were so garang when you bring tripod, camera and model there (MRT Station, Bus Terminal, etc.) to shoot. Confirm they will emulate Gurkha style and ask you to pack up and go off.

i don't think you have seen a real gurkha in action in real life :bsmilie:

i don't think you have seen a real gurkha in action in real life :bsmilie:

Nope, but I heard they (real gurkha) dares to charge at a machine gun pit with nothing but kukri during Falkland war.

Now I wanted to buy a kukri and try to charge at machine gun n see if I live to tell the story. :eek:

Last edited:
Nope, but I heard they (real gurkha) dares to charge at a machine gun pit with nothing but kukri during Falkland war.

Now I wanted to buy a kukri and try to charge at machine gun n see if I live to tell the story. :eek:

so they cannot be considered to be acting like a ghurka right? :)

Legal empowerment and mental training / physical capabilities are different things. When was the last time you had a look at the security staff? It's from the lowly paid workforce available: above 40 or older, sometimes physically challenged after injuries, women .. Do you expect these people to intervene, risking their health and lives for the shabby few Dollars they get? Don't tell me you would. These public service operators have to fork our more payment, training and use a different hiring policy if they want to have security staff that is able and willing to intervene in such cases. I hope your authority will also act on the operators and their incapability of providing effective security. But I have little hopes, because then it's about less profit ..

I think you got me wrong. I am not expecting bouncers or body guards. The fact that you engage security officers, their role is to enforce house rules and basic laws. They represent you or rather your organization. It makes a mockery for having security for show.

Once they identify themselves, being in uniform, they have that empowerment. Should you act against their instruction, you will be subjected to heavier consequences as compared to a ordinary person in the street.

The situation is like an uniform policeman requesting you to refrain from certain act but you refuse to obey. I am not asking the security officer or police to fight. You don't want to fight with an organization do you? Their lawyer is on corporate fund and you have to engage your own. Haha

10 times. what would you do?

ps: link will not provided, it's all over the net.

Hit back with water gun :bsmilie:

water-gun-battle-650x0.jpg

There are at least 2 ways to assess this.

1st way
Just treat as a small incident. Only a once-off incident. Nothing to worry about. It would not likely happen again. In Court, just verbally warn or impose a ridiculously small fine; and then let the guy go.

2nd way
Treat this as an extremely serious matter that needs to be nipped in the bud, before it causes more damage to Singapore society and racial harmony. It has been described by others in Stomp that the culprit is a Malay. He was spitting as captured in the video, at a young Chinese lady in public. What does this mean? There are many ramifications. There are many What-Ifs.

2 assumptions - yet to be proven: (a)He is a Malay (b) He is a Malaysian worker on Work Permit in Singapore.

Please note that the culprit was in work clothes/uniform at the end of a work day at the Woodlands bus terminus to catch a bus to where? Yes, to Johore Bahru. You guessed that right. It is possible that the culprit is a Malay from another country, namely Malaysia. Why does he behave this way in Singapore? Obviously he expects to get away with it scot free. That was why the culprit was videoed as saying where is the Police?

Now, what if Singapore lets him go with a slap on the wrist? Will he do it again? Of course. He will be emboldened. Not only him, but many of his fellow Malaysian compatriots will learn that -- hey, we can do this in Singapore and the Courts dare not do anything to us.

Now, what if there were some equally rowdy and violence prone Singaporean Chinese men present, who were family/relatives of the young Chinese girl who was spat on twice? Yes, you guessed right. A violent all-out fight will break out with knives, beer bottles, iron rods, or other assorted weapons. Then when the Malay guy is injured, local Singaporean Malays & Malaysian Malays will protest that the minority race in Singapore is being bullied. This can sour inter-race relations in Singapore. This can damage Singapore-Malaysia relations.

So, in view of the potential risks, I think the best option is to cancel his Work Permit fast - I mean NOW, immediately.
Also issue a total ban against him ever entering Singapore for the next 5 years, after which his permitted entry is subject to review.
The relevant Ministry should call up his employer/company CEO and express deep concern and ire about this matter.
His employer/company should also know what to do after that.

Nothing personal against the culprit - but Singapore as a nation, cannot afford to take this risk. There is too much at stake.

Last edited:
is he going to undergo psychiatric assessment?

is he even mentally sound? anyone knows?

there is no way I would be spat 10 times in a row. By 3 its either him or me on the ground. well, if I am on the ground and he continues to spits I guess I have no choice but to accept. lol

you are good. For me, by one, it will be either him or me on the grd liao.

I think you got me wrong. I am not expecting bouncers or body guards. The fact that you engage security officers, their role is to enforce house rules and basic laws. They represent you or rather your organization. It makes a mockery for having security for show.
Once they identify themselves, being in uniform, they have that empowerment. Should you act against their instruction, you will be subjected to heavier consequences as compared to a ordinary person in the street.
It doesn't need bouncers or body guards, good security staff does not need to look like that. As you stated: security for show is mockery. Now look what is reality: Are those people with 'Security' on their clothes somehow remotely able to deliver a security job?
Empowerment does not come from uniform, otherwise I will get one for my next MRT ride :) Empowerment comes from legal position and mental / physical preparation. Which also limits the possibilities of MRT staff: they are not the police. They all have to obey their regulations as well, otherwise the lawyers you mentioned will go after them as well. Security staff overstepping boundaries are nothing new.

The security employed to secured the property has the right to intervene when things happen within their boundaries. Afterall, these are private properties. If someone not in uniform intervened, he has to identify himself.

We are and not expecting the security to be an expert. His duty will be to stop whatever is going on and advise that he will call the police if they fail to obey. He can also be the witness of the happening and assist to provide any CCTV recording if any. He is not the judge but he surely can do something.

What I am concern is agency here do not train their staff before deploying them. They are basically just number in that position. So what is this grading of security for?

most of these security personnel are "certified WSQ trained". also, these certifications are accepted by the SPF for the purpose of granting them the license. what I know is that such agencies does very little, if not none, training.

Send the guy to mainland.. he will be avoiding spits everywhere :bsmilie:

You can start one (spitting com) with them.... lol.....

wait... how did you arrive at population issues from a video on a guy being a jackass to others?

Population issue????

Our government already declare they intent to raise the population in SG... population increase, and hence, public user increase.... and more jack ass will cut Q... just like how many motorist do not Q and try to cut in for right turn....

These jostling in a Q have every potential to end in a fight and is not new if you take MRT during peak period.....

I have my own run in as well, and people who try to cut my q will get a snap in their heels from me when I am feeling "good".... don't ask when I am in bad mood... I am sorry, but people Q and you don't Q... especially in peak morning... everyone rushing for work... that is bad Etiquette.....

But... if you leave a Q... you gotta just re-Q.... no excuse...