if someone spits at you

Population issue????

Our government already declare they intent to raise the population in SG... population increase, and hence, public user increase.... and more jack ass will cut Q... just like how many motorist do not Q and try to cut in for right turn....

These jostling in a Q have every potential to end in a fight and is not new if you take MRT during peak period.....

I have my own run in as well, and people who try to cut my q will get a snap in their heels from me when I am feeling "good".... don't ask when I am in bad mood... I am sorry, but people Q and you don't Q... especially in peak morning... everyone rushing for work... that is bad Etiquette.....

But... if you leave a Q... you gotta just re-Q.... no excuse...

The lack of etiquette on Singapore has been around for some time.

Population issue????
Our government already declare they intent to raise the population in SG... population increase, and hence, public user increase.... and more jack ass will cut Q... just like how many motorist do not Q and try to cut in for right turn....
These jostling in a Q have every potential to end in a fight and is not new if you take MRT during peak period.....
I have my own run in as well, and people who try to cut my q will get a snap in their heels from me when I am feeling "good".... don't ask when I am in bad mood... I am sorry, but people Q and you don't Q... especially in peak morning... everyone rushing for work... that is bad Etiquette.....
But... if you leave a Q... you gotta just re-Q.... no excuse...
So in your opinion there is a direct link between population density and common misbehavior? If it were so easily then why is half of Japan's workforce not running amok? The metropolitan area of Tokyo has the same amount of people as entire Malaysia and the ratio of public transport users is much higher than in SG. And yes, I am aware of the general differences between SG and JP and the flaws that every comparison has by nature.
You are making it too easy. Please note: there is no simple answer and solution to a complex problem. Many people in history thought so, now labelled as tyrants, mass murderers, war criminals, ex-presidents...

The authority must punish the person according to the applicable law.

There. Short & sweet.

I have never been anywhere close to being spat. I would probably just take it, considering that I am rather frail and weak.

Don't worry. In a galaxy not to far far far away (or the future), each one would have their own lightsaber.

Just curious: What if I somehow reacted by "accidentally" punching him in the face when he was trying to spit at me, can I call it self-defence? After all, I am very allergic to germs (that are contained in those spits).

Last edited:
Don't worry. In a galaxy not to far far far away (or the future), each one would have their own lightsaber.

Just curious: What if I somehow reacted by "accidentally" punching him in the face when he was trying to spit at me, can I call it self-defence? After all, I am very allergic to germs (that are contained in those spits).

I think punching would land you under charge of intentionally causing hurt? But if you pin him down with intention to let the police arrest him, that shd be ok. Just make sure that u 2 accidentally fall together with his face smacked on the floor in the process. :bsmilie:

Just remember no additional striking after the culprit is on the floor.

Last edited:
I think punching would land you under charge of intentionally causing hurt? But if you pin him down with intention to let the police arrest him, that shd be ok. Just make sure that u 2 accidentally fall together with his face smacked on the floor in the process. :bsmilie:

But seriously, I am trying to imagine how my hands would react from instinct. My head would duck or turn and my hands may go up automatically to deflect him/the spit and my hands may very well indeed "accidentally" punched him "face-palmed" him.

You want to punch him while he is still trying (= attempting to spit)? That's hardly an accidental action nor anything in defence. Doesn't matter what you call it, but the attempt of spitting does not allow you to use physical violence as preemptive strike. But yeah, you may take a defensive posture and wave your hands frantically, if that is of any consolation to you :)
Your "allergy" would only matter if the person knew about that, hence he would abuse your medical condition. Every day you touch so many things with your hands, each one equipped with countless germs of all kinds. It's easier to pick up an infection there than from a few droplets of saliva.

Your "allergy" would only matter if the person knew about that, hence he would abuse your medical condition. Every day you touch so many things with your hands, each one equipped with countless germs of all kinds. It's easier to pick up an infection there than from a few droplets of saliva.

so... justme77 is allergic to his own saliva?

:bsmilie:

You want to punch him while he is still trying (= attempting to spit)? That's hardly an accidental action nor anything in defence. Doesn't matter what you call it, but the attempt of spitting does not allow you to use physical violence as preemptive strike. But yeah, you may take a defensive posture and wave your hands frantically, if that is of any consolation to you :)

Its just a thought and a very lame excuse of trying to find a reason to hit him. :cool: But at the very least trying to do something :)

so... justme77 is allergic to his own saliva?

:bsmilie:

I am immune to my own germs :)

I am immune to my own germs :)
Believe is something .. amazing ..:bsmilie:
And then reality comes from behind with a big bucket of cold water ...