If Earth had 100 people.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing.
Very thought provoking.
Makes me thankful for what I have.

Pablo said:
Cute; what do you suggest we do :dunno:
well, i guess as a whole community, it is possible to give pressure on governments through protests or petition. As individuals, i think nothing can be done.
btw, do you find that presentation pretty smart? they know that people are starting to get abit insensitive on percentage figures, so they just say "if there is 100 people....and in proportions". really find this kind of presentation method a beauty.:thumbsup:

gov should spend less on the military.

akane said:
gov should spend less on the military.

well, i think defensive weapons are okay. without it, it makes a country quite vulnerable. but then again, if only all countries have trust, there wun even be the need for defence. sadly, that's overly idealistic.

this reminds me of a quote:
"......SHUT UP AND KEEP QUIET." Mr Sha, China's Ambassador(UN) to the US, telling them to stop carping about China's defence spending

Another quote that I found very inspiring was from Gandhiji (and that is also being used on I think Nat. Geographic):

"The earth has enough resources for our need, but not for our greed."

It's juz another way of looking at the percentage of stastics of the world.

1 thing they ommitted... if earth only have 100 people... I tink humans would go extinct.. gene pool not big enuf. ;)

Paul_Yeo said:
think i should seriously re-consider buying the new iPod :embrass:
and donate the $ to those who need it. ;) that would mean you are giving 200+ people a day of living using US$1 :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.