If e max load of a tripod or head ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kegler

Dec 25, 2003
myhobbieseatdrink.blogspot.com
states as max load 4kg/6kg/8kg... are we assuming it can support the max? or are we suppose to give an take 1kg off is max load?

ie manfrotto 484RC2 states 4kg maxload... its really able to support exactly 4kg? if it doesn't are we able to ask for refund? :bsmilie: violated Implied terms S.13 sales of goods act :bsmilie: no more DA vs yanyewkay :p

thx for all the advice in advance :D

Take into account that the ballhead will affect the tripod's max load as it itself has weight already. So the whole tripod system can take the weight of the camera system + ballhead.

My Manfrotto 486RC2 can take more weight than it states but I don't think we should try that.

nickmak said:
Take into account that the ballhead will affect the tripod's max load as it itself has weight already. So the whole tripod system can take the weight of the camera system + ballhead.

My Manfrotto 486RC2 can take more weight than it states but I don't think we should try that.

so u mean tripod leg maxload = ballhead weight + equipment weight? my tripod leg max load is 5kg - ballhead (ie 484 0.3kg) still left with 4kg for equipment... so which means leg get something that take more load... while head as long as enuff for max load of e equipment is good enuff?

thx

kegler said:
so u mean tripod leg maxload = ballhead weight + equipment weight? my tripod leg max load is 5kg - ballhead (ie 484 0.3kg) still left with 4kg for equipment... so which means leg get something that take more load... while head as long as enuff for max load of e equipment is good enuff?

thx
Yes that is true, but I don't recommend you use a ballhead that has 4kg max loading for 4 kg of your heaviest setup, always leave lee-way because you don't want to have your setup to droop and fall over because the ballhead can't take it.

Cheers,
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.