iBook's LCD screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuts

Jan 21, 2002
www.roving-light.com
My gf's ibook starts up with the usual beep and I can hear some whirring sounds from the harddisk but nothing shows on the screen. I'm guessing the LCD screen is spoilt (?) and its out of warranty. Anyone knows how much a replacement costs?
Thanks.

nuts said:
My gf's ibook starts up with the usual beep and I can hear some whirring sounds from the harddisk but nothing shows on the screen. I'm guessing the LCD screen is spoilt (?) and its out of warranty. Anyone knows how much a replacement costs?
Thanks.

It might be your hardisk. Try booting up from external hardisk (with mac OS installed) via firewire cable.

BTW The replace screen can cost around 1k or less... Its best to buy new ibook or macbook or just use external monitor if the rest is working well.

Hey, thanks for the advice. :)
Wow, if the screen costs so much, yeah, better to buy a new laptop!!

rolzink said:
It might be your hardisk. Try booting up from external hardisk (with mac OS installed) via firewire cable.

BTW The replace screen can cost around 1k or less... Its best to buy new ibook or macbook or just use external monitor if the rest is working well.

You might want to get advice here at Mac Users Group S'pore.

Cheers.

cost me about 800 to replace my PB`s LCD. Might as well just get a 17" external display instead.

nuts said:
Thanks.

i have had that problem b4.. the os doesn't boot up and it shows a flashing logo or sort of right? its confirm the hard disk.. jus send it for replacement :)

IF it is a harddisk that needs to be replaced (maybe bad sectors) you can either replace the HDD yourself, OR sent to an Apple repair center: SGD 70 for checking at building next to IKEA, inside the BMW Performance motors, I think it was 4th floor......forgot the companies name.

I replaced my own PB 12" HDD, very easy! There are sites that show you the steps to open up your PB.

Hong Sien

Thanks all for the advices and suggestions! :)

tan131 said:
i have had that problem b4.. the os doesn't boot up and it shows a flashing logo or sort of right? its confirm the hard disk.. jus send it for replacement :)
No, no flashing logo. Nothing on the screen.

If its harddisk, I certainly can try to replace on my own, but LCD.... :(

try plugging in a ext monitor first and see if it works....i tink u have to troubleshoot abit..

hongsien said:
IF it is a harddisk that needs to be replaced (maybe bad sectors) you can either replace the HDD yourself, OR sent to an Apple repair center: SGD 70 for checking at building next to IKEA, inside the BMW Performance motors, I think it was 4th floor......forgot the companies name.

I replaced my own PB 12" HDD, very easy! There are sites that show you the steps to open up your PB.

Hong Sien
if i'm not wrong is ****2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.