I sold my D70 on impulse ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No brainer... go eat grass and get the D200. Impressive camera.

user12343 said:
i tink it has ever been mentioned before. never feed an expensive hobby like digital photography with monthly instalments.

one might be able to spread out the payment and feel less painful, but there's a tendency for subsequent similar purchases which can snowball to dangerous levels.

Very true. Good advice.

simon80 said:
i get good lens first ... complete the trinity and then get the 2oo
:)

Wow Simon80,

I think by the time I manage to complete the trinity, D300 or D400 will probably be out. :cry: Buying each trinity is almost akin to getting a D200.

I really wish I can even afford a least 1 of the trinity ... Dare not even dream ... Unless installment and eat grass for 1 / 2 yrs ... :confused:

user12343 said:
i tink it has ever been mentioned before. never feed an expensive hobby like digital photography with monthly instalments.

one might be able to spread out the payment and feel less painful, but there's a tendency for subsequent similar purchases which can snowball to dangerous levels.

I seriously understand the point u r trying to get across ...
Been there, done that ... sometimes still doing it ... :what:

stinkyfoot17 said:
Hi all,

I kinda sold my D70 on impulse, as I was so attracted by the OCBC D200 deal. ;p
But my friend only intends to get the body from me, wic means that I'm left with quite a bit of D70 accessories like batt grip, camera cover (for D70 & kit lens), etc ... :confused:

But on the other hand, reality kinda stirked me and I realised that the D200 is not a small sum of $. So shld I forget abt the D200 and use this oppotunity to get myself a fairly used 2nd hand D70s, wic I'm sure I can find in B&S now.;p
Or shld I try my luck with 2nd hand D100, wic I dun see many ppl buying, though I know the cam is good.:thumbsup: Or maybe just eat grass and get the D200 ? :dunno:

Help !!!
Either you stick with the D200 or get a D70s. Don't get a D100, not quite worth it. You are going to end up with the same set of problems if you were to get the D200.

user12343 said:
dun forget that the D200 upgrade is just a one-off purchase. your post-processing hardware needs to be significantly beefed up to handle the 10+MP image.
Why post process? The jpgs are so good you can print it directly! :)

no questions nor dissing about the qualities of JPEGs, but there are some who still believe in taking RAW NEFs and post-process in their workstation to gain more flexibility and control. after all, some might tink that to get a JPEG outta a 3K cam is grossly unjustifiable...so much precious picture information is discarded when converted to a convenient format.

lsisaxon said:
Why post process? The jpgs are so good you can print it directly! :)

If you have make the decision to buy any of the camera......... REMEMBER, never never regret...... they are all good cam........ enjoy shooting... :thumbsup:

If not, you will not be a happy fella for a very very long time........ :devil: ... cause N and C and whoever will roll out new cam every year............ :devil:

N-user said:
If you have make the decision to buy any of the camera......... REMEMBER, never never regret...... they are all good cam........ enjoy shooting... :thumbsup:

If not, you will not be a happy fella for a very very long time........ :devil: ... cause N and C and whoever will roll out new cam every year............ :devil:

Yes, I totally agree that 1 shld never never regret after making a decision. Agreed that all N cams are off a certain standard and dun have to worry so muc abt resale value, unlike C cams, wic has new additions almost every yr. Scary ...:bigeyes:

stinkyfoot17 said:
Wow Simon80,

I think by the time I manage to complete the trinity, D300 or D400 will probably be out. :cry: Buying each trinity is almost akin to getting a D200.

I really wish I can even afford a least 1 of the trinity ... Dare not even dream ... Unless installment and eat grass for 1 / 2 yrs ... :confused:

Having said that I still say that it is more important to get the best lens if you can... save you the upgrading later and also the performance of these lenses is :thumbsup: ... less new technology and increase in spending power in the later stage, then you might wanna buy again.

D70 with good lenses such as trinity is better than D200 with not so good lenses, IMO & P.

BreakThru said:
Having said that I still say that it is more important to get the best lens if you can... save you the upgrading later and also the performance of these lenses is :thumbsup: ... less new technology and increase in spending power in the later stage, then you might wanna buy again.

D70 with good lenses such as trinity is better than D200 with not so good lenses, IMO & P.
PRO Advice!! :thumbsup:

stinkyfoot17 said:
Yes, I totally agree that 1 shld never never regret after making a decision. Agreed that all N cams are off a certain standard and dun have to worry so muc abt resale value, unlike C cams, wic has new additions almost every yr. Scary ...:bigeyes:
Like I always say.. If you just want gadgets, most high tech stuff, go for Canon. If you want a camera purely for photography, go for Nikon. Most of Nikon's pics (both DSLR and Coolpix) are good straight out of the box.

wah bro! you sold off your d70 le lol. i'm still planning to get a d70s > d200. as what breakthru said is rather through. it's still down to the skill and creativity of the photographer. and i don't have money for d200 as well. i rather get d70s and get a better lens.

Look at some v good pics produce by D70/70s or even the D50.
Ask yourself do u really need a D200 to produce good pics ??
Save some $$ and get some gd lens and improve your own skill level.
If u just have the urge to keep upgrading when new stuff comes out.
By all means make yourself happy, 'eat grass' and get the D200. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.