I sold my D70 on impulse ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caicaizi said:
Why get yourself a 2nd hand D70s?:confused: you can update the firmwave of your D70 to become D70s.

Hi Caicaizi, I've already upgraded my firmware when I sent my D70 for sensor cleaning. Was thinking along the lines of my D70 accessories ... Don't feel like going thru the hassle of B&S to get rid of them ... :embrass:

stinkyfoot17 said:
I told myself that the ITCH will not come so soon after I got my D70 ... :(

Same goes for me ... in the end ... got the D200 as well! :bsmilie:

However, the D70 has served me well. Image quality is better than the D70. To all who are contemplating to get the D200, YOU SHOULD (if u can... can starve, can cut down on dining, can tahan scolding for Mrs, can cut cable channels.....;) )

I'm very sure there are improvements over the D70. But am kinda itchy for a used D1X as well, though I somehow feel that the D200 will be more convinient for travelling, cos of the build in flash, and other factors as well ...

Tiger-in-the-woods said:
... can tahan scolding for Mrs....

i think u just summarized the sad existence for quite a number of us..:sweat:

hahaha ... it's not sooo bad rite ...
geez ... come to think of it, it CAN get quite bad some times ... but I dun tink to the extent of sleeping on the hall sofa ?

sleep at void deck :hung: :bheart:

Think so much, post so much asking for opinions, tons of images out there just went by and you didn't get any.

Shoot first, talk later.

The King has spoken ...
Better obey ...
Yes Sir, sorry for asking for opinions, Sir ...

Nevermind... I also don't care if you listen in or not. If you want to take it sacarstically, then I just +1 only. Good for me too.

No lah, I not taking it sacarstically, I really very serious.
I newbie mah, have to ask ard. If not, later regret. Am at work the whole day lah, how to go shooting. Sigh ...

You dun need to +1, yr posts are light years from mine or anybody else for that matter ...

stinkyfoot17 said:
Hi all,

I kinda sold my D70 on impulse, as I was so attracted by the OCBC D200 deal. ;p
But my friend only intends to get the body from me, wic means that I'm left with quite a bit of D70 accessories like batt grip, camera cover (for D70 & kit lens), etc ...

But on the other hand, reality kinda stirked me and I realised that the D200 is not a small sum of $. So shld I forget abt the D200 and use this oppotunity to get myself a fairly used 2nd hand D70s, wic I'm sure I can find in B&S now.;p
Or shld I try my luck with 2nd hand D100, wic I dun see many ppl buying, though I know the cam is good.:thumbsup: Or maybe just eat grass and get the D200 ?

Help !!!
Although I myself own a D70s, I honestly think you should go ahead and get the D200. I heard so many good reviews from friends who are using it.

Save a bit here and there and invest in a good piece of equipment. Less taxi rides, eat more often at food courts, make lesser calls on your handphone... Can one lah! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If you are feeling the pinch about buying the D200, then I suggest forgetting it, cos the body is only the start of your problems!

Using the D200 with the D50 kit lens is grossly underutilising the benefits of what the body can offer. Before long, you will be upgrading lens, flash etc. And that's where the big costs are!

So if you are even considering the D200 becos of it's price, you have to consider a "little" further than that.

Cheers.

Why need to be slave to your hobby? :dunno:

I think hobbies are supposed to be enjoyed with spare time and cash. Unless your pics are going to improve when you change cam bodies.

dun forget that the D200 upgrade is just a one-off purchase. your post-processing hardware needs to be significantly beefed up to handle the 10+MP image.

Go for D200, you wont regret it... trust us... we have got D200!!!

i get good lens first ... complete the trinity and then get the 2oo
:)

consider your computer, lenses and wallet size before you plunge for the D200. If you think you are going to have to suffer just to get a camera, then rather go for the cheaper alternative. Camera prices fall, you can always get a better camera when you are more financially ready to support the hobby.

So in this case. D70s

i would go with eating grass & getting D200. i'm also holding on to D70 & also drooling over D200!
still paying instalment for my newest lens. if not i'll eat soil and abondon my D70! :cry:

i tink it has ever been mentioned before. never feed an expensive hobby like digital photography with monthly instalments.

one might be able to spread out the payment and feel less painful, but there's a tendency for subsequent similar purchases which can snowball to dangerous levels.

thanx for the advice. i realised it too, after i had been wanting to get a new flash but is still 'debt-ridden'.
actually that was the first time that paid my camera accessories with instalments, 'cos i was in a hurry to get this lens for my trip to england. was so broke then. sigh. it'll be the last time.

looking forward to getting a new D200! (though very attached to my D70)

Status
Not open for further replies.