I sign up 10mbps but....

this mine

it consider slow or fast? But it seem not faster leh

this mine

it consider slow or fast? But it seem not faster leh

decent!

note that that speed is for singapore. if you browse overseas sites you will not get the same type of speeds sometimes, depending on various factors.

My friend one.......

529496325.png

Last edited:
decent!

note that that speed is for singapore. if you browse overseas sites you will not get the same type of speeds sometimes, depending on various factors.

ya lor, i surf FB quite slow.....

wa, i want. :bsmilie:

i think starhub > singtel seriously.

i wish my parents didn't get suckered by mio, but mio is here to stay.

Me never like SIngtel..... lol

So now i am Hubber! :bsmilie:

using wireless, or direct connection?

if the first, grab an ethernet cable, and plug direct.

if it is the same, call singnet. can be a lot of problems, might be line problem, might be modem problem. if they try to send linesmen down, and the line is tested to be ok, DON'T LET THEM try to test your line again.

there was a period of time where they sent linesmen down to my place on 8 different occasions. i got fed up, told the guy on the line that i wanted to speak to his manager, and then end up send linesman down a 9th time.

the next day i called and asked to talk to the supervisor of that guy, insisted on it. then told him he should know that his staff was a joke and it reflected poorly on his ability as a supervisor. just kept repeating myself deliberately so that he would get very pek chek, for 20 plus minutes.

next day, chop chop send down new modem to try, settled. :thumbsup: right now still ok.

i was on the line with one of the technician.. i was so fed up with the latency that hit 200-600ms.. i asked him.. do you have a internet at home? he say have.. than i asked him. Are you using singnet ? he replied softy " no sir." Than i replied, THATS WHY LAH , getting fedup answering calls and complaints for singnet right? Than after that he kept on saying sorry .

I asked him for his manager or whoever is higher position which i would like to speak with. And 2 Hrs later than they call :sweat: Really bad customer service they have & i do believe their technical support and customer service line are not based in singapore.

aiyaa tmr the technician coming so let them do their job.. make sure my ping doesnt jump around can already..

I'm on 10mbps too. Just signed up.

I have the line men, coming down 3 times to check already. They keep doing the same tests and it's useless.

Then they tell me the same thing, that their side the signal is not there.:angry:

I pay for 10mbps, but receive around 7 mbps. And my laptop is less than 30cm away from the router.

Singtel service really sucks.

i was on the line with one of the technician.. i was so fed up with the latency that hit 200-600ms.. i asked him.. do you have a internet at home? he say have.. than i asked him. Are you using singnet ? he replied softy " no sir." Than i replied, THATS WHY LAH , getting fedup answering calls and complaints for singnet right? Than after that he kept on saying sorry .

I asked him for his manager or whoever is higher position which i would like to speak with. And 2 Hrs later than they call :sweat: Really bad customer service they have & i do believe their technical support and customer service line are not based in singapore.

aiyaa tmr the technician coming so let them do their job.. make sure my ping doesnt jump around can already..
Well, the usual answer is that the manager is not around. "Blah Blah"...Once they told me the "Manager" is having lunch, so i called back 2 hours later, "Manager" is still having lunch. I told the guy, it's alright, let him have his lunch. Where is he having his lunch, i'll bring my lawyer down and we can have lunch together. 5min later, "Manager" calls back....

i reset like 5 times.. but u mean the reset button behind the box or just off and on ?

turn it off for more than just a while. like 5 minutes.

then turn it on.

anyways, this solves problems sometimes. at least it does for my uk broadband connection. sometimes it will lag very badly, when i reset the modem, everything will be ok again.

the easiest way is to make sure you know the name of the person. then there will be some form of accountability. it may be a psychological effect. if i am service centre staff, and the customer knows my name, i will bloody well make sure that my manager calls him or at least that i have my ass covered, it is simple.

remember also that the other person at the end is a human being. when i was nagging the manager's superior i never once scolded him, i just kept telling him how horrible his staff is, and then he needs to get an idea of what they are doing, because that is his job. he is only responsible for himself.

well, if it is your first line test, let it be. maybe it is a line problem, and they can try something. if they tell you that EVERYTHING IS FINE, then the next time, make sure you make it clear that you have done a line test before. i reckon they will just send linesman down again, because they did that to me so many times, to the point of idiocy.

I have the line men, coming down 3 times to check already. They keep doing the same tests and it's useless.

Then they tell me the same thing, that their side the signal is not there.:angry:

don't know what that means.

but still can't beat me, send linesman down 9 times, everytime test no problem.

NO PROBLEM ALREADY NO PROBLEM, test the same thing over and over again hoping that line will develop fault? :angry:

Now im getting half of what i paid for.. :angry:

I even tested my ping on singnet technical support side.. keep refreshing and it will start from 20-30 ms , than jump to 50-80 ms than go back down again than 100-200 ms than go back down. :confused:

don't know what that means.

but still can't beat me, send linesman down 9 times, everytime test no problem.

NO PROBLEM ALREADY NO PROBLEM, test the same thing over and over again hoping that line will develop fault? :angry:

so many linesman in a game ar? never say referee kelong ar?

domdomino - use a corded telephone and listen to the dial tone. If there are any background static noise, it could be a line problem.