I sign up 10mbps but....

498Mbs ?!?!?! :bigeyes:
Are you sure?
How to achieve this speed?:bigeyes:
Dig underground, connect direct to optics cable? :bsmilie:

Are you on LAN cable or wireless?

Now im getting half of what i paid for.. :angry:

I even tested my ping on singnet technical support side.. keep refreshing and it will start from 20-30 ms , than jump to 50-80 ms than go back down again than 100-200 ms than go back down. :confused:

maybe the "server" is on the same network? (i.e. traffic never really pass thru the ISP..)

Even if the whole block nobody share the cable.. should not get this kind of speed rite?

498Mbs ?!?!?! :bigeyes:
Are you sure?
How to achieve this speed?:bigeyes:
Dig underground, connect direct to optics cable? :bsmilie:

Singtel guys came to my house for the 3rd time.

Seriously the young chaps know what they are doing.

The old hags who came yesterday, made a mess, damaged my phone ports.

Now i get my full speed.

11.34mbps on lan. 9.82mbps on wifi. My plan is a 10mbps plan.

Root of problem. Singtel substation hardware fault. Nothing to do with lines at all.

I'm using wireless.
If I switch to LAN cable, what type of difference in speed will I be seeing? Significant?
The bottlenecking should not be caused by the router right?
My router is a cheapo $70 for home use type.

:embrass::embrass:

i was wondering..

Lets say if i dont the mio box ( which i hate it ) to connect on my pc , i want to put in another room with a laptop . And i want to use back my old modem and plug in to my com. is it possible? :think:

i was wondering..

Lets say if i dont the mio box ( which i hate it ) to connect on my pc , i want to put in another room with a laptop . And i want to use back my old modem and plug in to my com. is it possible? :think:

you're using a user id with a password rite since you're using ADSL. then you probably can...

starhub's cable is locked to modem, automatic login using mac address sync to starhub's network.
m1 using starhub's cable infrastructure need manual login.
singtel, iirc, should be key in userid/pw into the adsl router/modem.

for mio, no idea, but definitely need some kind of login.

I have a 25Mbps Singnet connection at home (comes only with home line and mobile) and it normally gives me 21~22Mbps due to the limit of ADSL2.
just fyi, i connect my Apple time capsule to the mio box using bridge mode and only shares the network via ATC. Mio box tend to be super choppy if you run any p2p software (even after you close the software or shut downs ur com...). Connect a router to mio box is the way i guess.

I switched to Singtel from Starhub because Starhub is basically unusable during peak hours like 8.30pm-11.30pm........and Singtel is always consistent.

I use google dns proxy as well. 8.8.8.8 - super easy to remember.

I am currently in China so i can't provide a screenshot of the speedtest or pingtest.....good luck :sweat:

got... u pong it. :bsmilie:

anyway, i think you got really sucky service there... ever thought of changing your ISP or your entire homeline?

under contract :(

i sign MIO cause :

1.Free Mio TV
2.20% off each bill every month for 2 singtel handphone lines.
3.Home Line also included
4.Free Caller ID for mobile

Total :$84 per/mth

AND im getting only 1-5mbps... :angry:

2nd attempt

Hoseh liao ping keep jumping. and 65ms is bad for local provider.. it seems like i connect frm malaysia like that... i think i can off my pc and suck thumb till tml the technician comes over..

Last edited:
under contract :(

i sign MIO cause :

1.Free Mio TV
2.20% off each bill every month for 2 singtel handphone lines.
3.Home Line also included
4.Free Caller ID for mobile

Total :$84 per/mth

AND im getting only 1-5mbps... :angry:

Hoseh liao.. i think i can off my pc and suck thumb till tml the technician comes over..

have u tried cutting the cable at the front door and crimp it to fit your router?