I sign up 10mbps but....

Singapore is going gigabit, by then you will get very high speed with similar price today why contract yourself now?

if using e mio-box with wireless
key-in 192.168.1.254/mdc
passwd :2wire

select on left side, DSL disgnostics
look at training history, should b few lines only
if have many many history means line unstable, ask their technician to change to another line

i dont really like singtel who gives me problem now and then with billing errors and mio tv disconnection,

but somehow my connection is still ok

Singnet BBOM

Last edited:
The bottleneck is not the router, but for wireless a lot of factors goes into play. Say, if it is stated 54Mbps, the actual speed maybe much lower, if the WiFi is very congested (e.g. everyone in the vicinity goes wireless), there'll be lots of interference affecting connection speed.

I'm using wireless.
If I switch to LAN cable, what type of difference in speed will I be seeing? Significant?
The bottlenecking should not be caused by the router right?
My router is a cheapo $70 for home use type.

:embrass::embrass:

That maybe true. The P2P software may do some setting change to the router(like port forwarding etc..), and the router may not handle it properly.

for connecting a router to the MIObox, it is not recommended. There should not be more then one router on a network and the miobox has a router.

Mio box tend to be super choppy if you run any p2p software (even after you close the software or shut downs ur com...). Connect a router to mio box is the way i guess.

err.. how come your server is surabaya? maybe you can test with a nearer server? using such a far server for speednet test will almost defintely gives poor results.

damm my latency is still high.. dam jerky..

That's is still a few years away probably. By then the contract would have ended.. maybe..

Singapore is going gigabit, by then you will get very high speed with similar price today why contract yourself now?

but when then come?

my contract ending this mth, if dnt sign new one then i'll be paying a lot more leh (cause of special promo)

but when then come?

my contract ending this mth, if dnt sign new one then i'll be paying a lot more leh (cause of special promo)

http://www.opennet.com.sg/home/

You wont be paying "a lot more", just "a bit more" ^^ for time being but if you save "a bit less" now, you are going to pay "a lot more" later ^^