I need calibration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm,anyway i can test for that without printing the lens test chart out? I dont have a printer :/

You may have to test it at various distance also. Sometimes it may focus accurately for close distance subject but not so for further distance subject. Try to test it in real world situation the distance you would usually use too...

e10.jpg

ed.jpg

Does it look slightly better now?

Looks better but still looks front focussed to me when I look at the texture on the ground, where it seems sharper at the plane closer to the camera as compared to the woman on the left.

Sorry for me saying this. But, you may need to relook at your basics of shooting.

Hmmmm,anyway i can test for that without printing the lens test chart out? I dont have a printer :/

You can download this focus chart and display it on your monitor.
This is using the Moire fringe method, which I use to set my focus range (for video when doing rack focus but anyway,)

it's fast and doesn't require a large monitor to check focus because if the image is in focus, you should see the picture on the left, if it's out of focus, you'll see the one on the right. All these can been seen direct in the viewfinder and back LCD without zooming in.

focuspatterns.gif

Find out more from Northlight Images

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.