i just got my K-x!

haha.. having owned the k-z for 5 days, i'm starting to attract question marks among my photobug friends on why i chose a pentax, as opposed to a Canikon... :cool:

What would you say to your friends who ask this question?? =)

Easy. I show them my DA21, DA70 or FA43 pancakes... unique to Pentax, and new to most people too!

"It's so small!"

haha.. having owned the k-z for 5 days, i'm starting to attract question marks among my photobug friends on why i chose a pentax, as opposed to a Canikon... :cool:

I did not choose Pentax, Pentax chose me.:bsmilie:

Don't forget the DA/M 40/2.8 :lovegrin:

Totally! Smallest and cutest and most awe-inspiring.

BUT.

I don't have either of those lenses lah. Only listing the ones I have, and one of which is usually on my camera. :)

Don't forget the DA/M 40/2.8 :lovegrin:

Pentax has some other cute little lenses too.

Takumar 18/11 Fisheye:

takumar18mm-3-410.jpg

K or Takumar 17/4 fisheye (this little lens even got 4 color filters built-in!):

K17f4-Fish.jpg

Almost all M lenses are pretty small compared to similar lenses from other manufacturers.

Last edited:
So now I am asking you and give me your reply:

Why on earth did you buy such an low popularity brand camera? You should have gone for Nikon and Canon, they are more tech matured.

"my pictures >>> yours, 'nuff said" :bsmilie:

"I am interesting, are you?" :bsmilie:

So far I believe Pentax buyers are independent thinkers who know what they want, able to choose the right balance between cost-performance and personal shooting requirements; not herd mentality, and not status-conscious.

So now I am asking you and give me your reply:

Why on earth did you buy such an low popularity brand camera? You should have gone for Nikon and Canon, they are more tech matured.

Yes sir!

I bought k-x cos it's the most value for money in the beginner DSLR market segment. no other brand gives me LV, image stabilizer, HD video recording at this price point. =)

But you know la, for shutterbug hardcores, it's not a good enough reason... :dunno:

no problem, just tell them do research on your unpopular camera with an unpopular brand. besides the pricepoint, the reason is clear. They just have to do their assignments. :)

Here is one :bsmilie:

我buy pentax 相机 是 because 我喜欢他 cheap. 这个 bak tao ..brand.. 很 international, you know.
它那个玻璃 ..lens .. oh 镜头是 Vietnam 做的, body 是 hui li bin 做的, then Japan export, 让后 再买from 新加坡, 很好 很好。那个钱转来转去.. turn here turn there. 很好 很好.
我爸爸说他young time.. oh。。 年青时候 bla bla bla.

OK OK I spare to broken explain. See settled.

Last edited:
A reason is a reason being a reason. Your cost expecation is valid. Hardcore won't ask more bec their expectation is mid and higher end.

Yes sir!

I bought k-x cos it's the most value for money in the beginner DSLR market segment. no other brand gives me LV, image stabilizer, HD video recording at this price point. =)

But you know la, for shutterbug hardcores, it's not a good enough reason... :dunno:

"shhh, don't disturb me i'm trying to nail this photo."

if they are genuinely interested in the merits of pentax, by all means have a friendly sharing/poisoning session with them. plenty of unique features and the price is also a pull factor.

if they are just trying to put you down, you'll never be able to convince them because they must justify the thousands of dollars they have spent on their gear, especially if their pictures are lousier than yours.

for my non-photog friends they just appreciate the pictures that i share with them. telling them about any camera gear at all will just bore them.

I'd probably say it has all the features that I want. In-built motor which means smarter investment lenses than laugh at them for spending lotsa of money on VR-OIS-SR lenses. ;p

Really, you should just smile and be kind to them. Then thank the lucky stars that you own a Pentax... :)

I'd probably say it has all the features that I want. In-built motor which means smarter investment lenses than laugh at them for spending lotsa of money on VR-OIS-SR lenses. ;p

Really, you should just smile and be kind to them. Then thank the lucky stars that you own a Pentax... :)

make friends with the pentax crowd instead, nobody will ask you why you choose pentax. instead, they will ask you to try their lenses. :devil::devil::devil:

make friends with the pentax crowd instead, nobody will ask you why you choose pentax. instead, they will ask you to try their lenses. :devil::devil::devil:

hahaha... yes, pentax crowd are a lot better.

Anyways, to share a story... i recommended someone to check out the k10d because he is looking for a d60. Stating reasons like better value for money, and with the kit lens is about $550 whereas the d60 doesn't have in-built motor (i could go on and on about this but... cut story short). The reply was "thanks but i prefer nikon". :dunno:

Oh well, just glad that you guys are around. Can I try your lenses? :lovegrin:

mostly hobbyists that go canikon are usually to satisfy their ego, prestige or they don't know what they want.

For pros who need their cams to earn $ it's ok, but often hobbyists also cite the pro reasons, which is hilarious.

One thing I love about using Pentax: have you heard of any camera service ctr that provides professional support & yet you don't even need to queue? :bsmilie:

mostly hobbyists that go canikon are usually to satisfy their ego, prestige or they don't know what they want.

i'll be fair la, it's a mix.. i have loads of friends who use canon and nikon, and are serious photographers. :)

all brands have their strengths and weaknesses.. what works for a pentax user might not work for a canon user, so on so forth. :)

The reply was "thanks but i prefer nikon". :dunno:

well i've met someone like that before..

he was using a canon camera, and he couldn't find out where to set his timer on his 400d or 450d.. i wanted to pengz. and he had been shooting for.. at least 6 or 7 months.

hey guys..anyone know who still has the K-x black colour in stock? cant find it in my favourite shops.

Probably want to call Emjay ask them when the next shipment coming in...