i cook, i bake

Have a Merry and Blessed Christmas everyone!

PC1.jpg
:bsmilie: this 1 abit messy... but your pictures are getting better and better! :)

:bsmilie: this 1 abit messy... but your pictures are getting better and better! :)

I must say, i agree with you! For the messy part of course :bsmilie:

Should have used another simpler photo in the collage instead of having 3 'complicated looking' photos out of 4!

Not a fan of fruit cakes but after baking this, i'm now a convert! Especially when it is eaten warm with homemade brandied creme anglaise (custard sauce) or a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. YUMS!

xmas2.jpg

Christmas Fruit Cake​

Mushroom Risotto :)

mr1.jpg

Hi Berriess,

I like your cooking and food photography. I have the same interests too, cook and then take pictures of the food. However, mostly cook only dinner, so only fluorscent light and photos don't turn out well.

Do you use any lighting for your food photography? What lens are you using?

Hi Berriess,

I like your cooking and food photography. I have the same interests too, cook and then take pictures of the food. However, mostly cook only dinner, so only fluorscent light and photos don't turn out well.

Do you use any lighting for your food photography? What lens are you using?

Hi there,

Thank you!

Ahh dinner is tricky! I almost never take dinner photos these days :(

No special lighting for my photography. I rely on the sun ;) I'm using 50mm 1.8 lens.

Hths!

Kek Lapis with Cranberry!

KL1.jpg

Finally striking off something from my to-bake-list :bsmilie:​

Hi Berriess,

Besides your cooking and photography skills, what stands out most is the food styling! Thumbs up!

Hi Berriess,

Besides your cooking and photography skills, what stands out most is the food styling! Thumbs up!

Thank you!!! I do take pride in my food styling whenever time permits ;)

I HAVE PRETTY FEET!!!

(finally!)

cny2.jpg

(pardon the bad lighting. no time to take proper photo. was rushing my bakes out for party hosted by me at home!)

Matcha Macaron with Cream Cheese filling​

Last edited:
I love this thread. I feel inspired. :)

where do you buy that table napkin/placemat you used in your mushroom risotto photo? it's nice.

I love this thread. I feel inspired. :)

where do you buy that table napkin/placemat you used in your mushroom risotto photo? it's nice.

Thank you!

U take stunning photos yourself ;)

That placemat was a gift from a friend who got it for me in Europe :heart:

now i am really hungry.

Getting more yummy each time i see the photos.
good use of the natural lighting.

i believe you shot with 50mm f/1.8 most of the time? :)