I can't approach people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm the 2nd photo. How did you shoot it? It seems like you turned back and just shot using a standard zoom :bigeyes: :thumbsup: for courage if it's so.
technical specs...

10D with 35/f2.
in SMRT bus...I sat facing the old lady...wic was ard 1.5-1.8m away from me. Just nice for a 35/2 on a 10D.
a few seconds of observing her, i took out my cam from my bag, adjust setting, cam to my face, frame and shoot.
continued observing and shoot her again. Then keep my cam. So, that's 2 frames of her. Posted is the 1st frame.

if all depends on how comfortable you are with yourself. If yuo are comfortable, you'd be able to use medium
format cam and shoot in the bus too. Be confident.

eg... 6x7 medium format film cam, b/w film
Untitled-156.jpg

when i was in Uk during my study..
i shoot anything i wan and any1 i like (just once that a mom call a polis to stop us)
back in sg.. i was scare and worry about how the victim might feel, as i saw the look on the face(scare of being hurt by ur camera)..
really feel that they will kill me if i take a shoot on them..

technical specs...

10D with 35/f2.
in SMRT bus...I sat facing the old lady...wic was ard 1.5-1.8m away from me. Just nice for a 35/2 on a 10D.
a few seconds of observing her, i took out my cam from my bag, adjust setting, cam to my face, frame and shoot.
continued observing and shoot her again. Then keep my cam. So, that's 2 frames of her. Posted is the 1st frame.

if all depends on how comfortable you are with yourself. If yuo are comfortable, you'd be able to use medium
format cam and shoot in the bus too. Be confident.

eg... 6x7 medium format film cam, b/w film
Untitled-156.jpg

Hmm if you were not positioned in the best position, would you purposely move to another spot and take the photo despite the stares of strangers?

Maybe street photography isn't for you. Why force yourself to do something you aren't capable of?

Maybe street photography isn't for you. Why force yourself to do something you aren't capable of?

I believe I'm capable of it. It's about taking the first step, which is always tough.

Why you ask...... well, if you haven't try it you'll never know if it's for you or not.

If you try it and you still don't like it, then it's not for you. That's the adventure in photography.

Just my newbie point of view.

I believe I'm capable of it. It's about taking the first step, which is always tough.

I would suggest that "warming up" is a very useful exercise.

When you go out walking, just start taking pictures of whatever strikes your fancy, even if it is very boliao. As you continue to snap, you will feel your inhibitions loosening. Then when you come across a nice scene or interesting people, it will be the most natural thing in the world to aim and shoot, and you will definitely go home with some keepers.

Yeh, takes balls to whoop up the cam. Last I did (no joke!) this angmo in SBG went "whoa holy! nice gears!". But I'm immuned to crowds and stares. Last candids I took were these

No guts, no rewards.

Shooting kids take real guts. I agree.

this angmo in SBG went "whoa holy! nice gears!".

You'd be surprised by the high % of singaporeans who are hobbyists but using top-range equipment. Something that is not quite commonly seen in other countries.

Must be a sign of the general affluence of the population coupled with the significantly lower prices compared to places like Europe.

:)

You'd be surprised by the high % of singaporeans who are hobbyists but using top-range equipment. Something that is not quite commonly seen in other countries.

Must be a sign of the general affluence of the population coupled with the significantly lower prices compared to places like Europe.

:)
no... its the bbb virus in clubsnap infecting Singaporeans...

but as others said, if you don't try, you won't get anything... and I hardly think you would be more likely to get killed in Singapore for taking a picture...

Status
Not open for further replies.