HSBC Wakeboard World Cup - Oct 30-31

Status
Not open for further replies.

acroamatic

Mar 13, 2004
Bishan
deadpoetscave.com
More info here.

Same weekend as the SCC Sevens. Sports event organisers should really check when they organise things. The Singapore market is small. To increase reach, they shouldn't clash. Then again, people interested in rugby may not be interested in wakeboarding or vice-versa. And then again, photography enthusiasts might be interested in both! Still, free admission for both competitions. If you're interested purely in photos, attend one day of each, I suppose. Me... I'm watching rugby! =)

For those keen on taking wakeboarding pics. There are two more events.

WBA X-pression Session '04
Venue: Siloso Beach, Sentosa
Date: 24th Oct 2004 (Finals held on 6/7 November with Asian Wakeboard Tour)
More Info ...

THE ASIA WAKEBOARD PRO TOUR 04
Where: Coastes, Sentosa
When: 6-7 November 2004
More Info ...

Would recommend the HSBC and the ASIA PRO tour though. WBA go for warm up ??? Must go, it would be fun. Got lotsa babes and hunks. hee hee.
Sure miss wakeboarding, but must save $ for lens ... hais hais ... :cry:

Wah ,,, this sunday got chance to shoot wakeboard liao .... :)

So who will be going .... :cool:

Hi there,

What is the minimum range of lens to capture these actions?

:embrass:

Petf69 said:
Hi there,

What is the minimum range of lens to capture these actions?

:embrass:

IMO, at least 200mm equiv to about 300 in dSLR. Better if you have 300mm (450mm w dSLR). Preferably a zoom so that you have the flexibility to compose as you cannot control the distance, unless you're on another boat!

So the most common class of lenses are:
A 80-200 F2.8 or similar
B 70-300 F4-5.6 or similar

I suppose more than 90% of photogs would be using the above lenses.

Anybody got info regarding the actual time of the events on the 2 days. Also, which part of the reservoir will it be held?

Me sure going, and hopefully, we get fine weather, even better if we get clear BLU sky! :bigeyes: :bsmilie: :cool:

Hmm.. may sound stupid.. but where is the best pace to park your car? Bedok reservoir.. packing space is very very limited :(

smallaperture said:
IMO, at least 200mm equiv to about 300 in dSLR. Better if you have 300mm (450mm w dSLR). Preferably a zoom so that you have the flexibility to compose as you cannot control the distance, unless you're on another boat!

So the most common class of lenses are:
A 80-200 F2.8 or similar
B 70-300 F4-5.6 or similar

I suppose more than 90% of photogs would be using the above lenses.

U only need a mid range zoom actually, 28-135mm would be just nice. Can really catch the actions if u shoot from the boat itself.

Just make sure your cam is weather sealed or get a raincoat to prevent it from getting soaking wet.

canturn said:
U only need a mid range zoom actually, 28-135mm would be just nice. Can really catch the actions if u shoot from the boat itself.

Just make sure your cam is weather sealed or get a raincoat to prevent it from getting soaking wet.

Wow....how to get lobang to shoot from the boat. Or you got assigned? Of course the official photog would not need that long a lens. :)

here are some of my humble pics tat i took tis morning . . .
207881718kbbZeh_ph.jpg
207882357NPNSTC_ph.jpg
207882498eprRyf_ph.jpg

ur comments r greatly appreciated

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.