How unhealthy is chicken rice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckhaos

Dec 28, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Health fanatics only:

How many calories and how many grams of fat are in a typical plate of hainan chicken rice?

I hope I am not killing myself by eating it for lunch everyday!

large quantity of chicken oil mixed into the rice for cooking. this is how the fragrance come from. can assure the something will happen if consume everyday.

BCM only 511 kCals, chicken rice 618 kCals, definitely BCM better. :D

Hiee...

When i was in primary school...i was referred to school heath department clinic for "obesity"....from ther i learn that a normal can drink has energy equivalent to two plate of rice.

So for one plate chicken rice...just imaging imagine drinking 1/2 can drink + adding two teaspoonful of saturated fats (especially for chicken breast )and also the extra flavor enhancers. Hainanese chicken rice may have less fats...in general....as the chicken is boil....BUT the chicken broth may be poured into the rice when cooking..... so...comes back tot he same....

hmm.......i am hungy already...

regards,
me

Originally posted by ckhaos
Health fanatics only:

How many calories and how many grams of fat are in a typical plate of hainan chicken rice?

I hope I am not killing myself by eating it for lunch everyday!

Seriously, jokes aside, you can eat many things, but not of them are good for you. chicken rice is, beside being high in fat content, is also high in cholesterol.

The amazing and miraculous gift we have, is how much punishment the human body can take. Internally, every thing we consume has harmful toxins, acids, chemical and minerals that are being flushed out everyday.

Some people can continue to take clams, oysters, shellfish, fried chicken, burgers, fries, coke and coffee everyday without *looking* sick and unhealthy. You can see that and think "hey, that is OK, he is fine so i wil be too!"

But there comes a time when the machine breaks down after wear and tear. You have only one body, take care of it more than you would your camera

:)

Thanks! This website has all the information I need! :thumbsup:

From the info, it seems to me that the average Singaporean diet:

(1) does not provide sufficient calories (2000 kcal/day), and

(2) contains too much fat!

Time to bring tuna sandwich to work everyday and cut down on chicken rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.