How to turn on the display grid on the E-M5?

Alcheng

Dec 24, 2009
Hi guys,

This might be a stupid question. I've been using the E-M5 for a few weeks, but I still can't manage to find a way to activate the display grids (to assist composition).

Anyone can assist?

Thanks in advance.

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Review: Digital Photography Review

CustomOverall.gif

Step 1: Go to Custom Menu Function that show "Gear Icon"(bottom left or no.4 liner on left counting from top)

MenuSetup.jpg

Step 1.1: If you don't see the gear icon in your menu, probably is because you didn't set the display mode "on" under "Menu Display" (go to the "spanner icon" and on the 4 liner counting from top on right in the image below), if not ignore this step and go step 2

CustomD.gif

Step 2: Once you get into Custom menu look out for "D: Disp/Beep/PC", by then you should see Display Grid Off or On on first page 5 liner counting from top on right

When Display Grid On, there are option of:

• 6x4 grid
• 3x3 grid
• Crosshair grid
• Diagonal grid
• 16:9 (movie shooting) guides Allows various grid options to be overlaid on all live view screens

Really hope this info is detail enough to pin point your problem. Resources from dpreview.com

Last edited:
I got it. Thank you so much!

CustomOverall.gif

Step 1: Go to Custom Menu Function that show "Gear Icon"(bottom left or no.4 liner on left counting from top)

MenuSetup.jpg

Step 1.1: If you don't see the gear icon in your menu, probably is because you didn't set the display mode "on" under "Menu Display" (go to the "spanner icon" and on the 4 liner counting from top on right in the image below), if not ignore this step and go step 2

CustomD.gif

Step 2: Once you get into Custom menu look out for "D: Disp/Beep/PC", by then you should see Display Grid Off or On on first page 5 liner counting from top on right

• 6x4 grid
• 3x3 grid
• Crosshair grid
• Diagonal grid
• 16:9 (movie shooting) guides Allows various grid options to be overlaid on all live view screens

Really hope this info is detail enough to pin point your problem. Resources from dpreview.com

I got it. Thank you so much!

CustomOverall.gif

MenuSetup.jpg

CustomD.gif

• 6x4 grid
• 3x3 grid
• Crosshair grid
• Diagonal grid