how to test sharpnest for tokina 11-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

fongi

Aug 19, 2008
hi to all... how do i test for sharpnest for a UWA lens, tokina 11-16mm F2.8?
been a wide angle, everything seems so far, so is quite diff to test on lettering... do i zoom in all the way after takin a shot to see? TIA for the advise... cheers, huat ah!!!;)

Do you need to test sharpness? Have you bought the lens? If you have, forget sharpness tests. If you haven't, ask for a 50D and shoot text.

Do you need to test sharpness? Have you bought the lens? If you have, forget sharpness tests. If you haven't, ask for a 50D and shoot text.

bought liao, but shop owner very nice, she allow me to bring it back to do a proper test within a week, if not ok, can bring it back for exchange when new stock arrive. i'm usin 40D atm... when i shooot text, not sure if it's doin the lens any justice if i zoom in all the way like 200%. or shd i just zoom to 50% or 100%? when i dun zoom at all, the pic in general looks pretty much sharp... i'm not fussy, but just wanna take the opportunity to learn how to look out for softnest of the lens, especially a UWA lens... TIA;)

If at 16mm f/2.8, you shoot a piece of paper and the text is sharp at 100% crop, then be happy with it.

ok, will try. thks for advise bro.... appreciate it.
gong hei fatt choy!!!;)

Glad to help. Oh, don't mix up sharpness for CA (the purple / red edges). The tokina 11-16 is known to have that. In fact, it's the only thing that's not as good as Canon's 10-22.

bought liao, but shop owner very nice, she allow me to bring it back to do a proper test within a week, if not ok, can bring it back for exchange when new stock arrive. i'm usin 40D atm... when i shooot text, not sure if it's doin the lens any justice if i zoom in all the way like 200%. or shd i just zoom to 50% or 100%? when i dun zoom at all, the pic in general looks pretty much sharp... i'm not fussy, but just wanna take the opportunity to learn how to look out for softnest of the lens, especially a UWA lens... TIA;)

May I ask how much did the lens cost and which shop? Thanks.

Glad to help. Oh, don't mix up sharpness for CA (the purple / red edges). The tokina 11-16 is known to have that. In fact, it's the only thing that's not as good as Canon's 10-22.

ok, i think dat part my lens is stil quite ok... will do a proper check and c if it's bad or not ;)

May I ask how much did the lens cost and which shop? Thanks.

bought from MScolor, at $950, price increase due to the YEN... was $888 previously. but now no stock liao i think, gotta wait for another mth. is better u give florence a call to check b4 goin down

Status
Not open for further replies.