How to store and backup photos when travelling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i'm quite silly
i only carry 2 memory cards
and if i'm running out of space
i start deleting photos

but i'm juz an amateur
so i think no harm

I just got a (another) netbook for S$399/- which come with 250GB installed with a 6 cell battery which weight about 1.2kg.

I think most would prefer this over a "Backup drive" option if you don't mind the 800g of weight difference. :think:

That's cheap!! Where can we get this?

I also want to know where Anson Buy it and which brand.... become curious and start to think not to upgrade my handphone but to buy NetBook

i think he may be refering to the eee pc,

it's a great PC for it's price

if you want something light but size of a proper laptop (it's 13.3 inches)

get the new acer (sorry, can't rmb the model no. but its the one currently advertised on the television)

i think he may be refering to the eee pc,

it's a great PC for it's price

if you want something light but size of a proper laptop (it's 13.3 inches)

get the new acer (sorry, can't rmb the model no. but its the one currently advertised on the television)

Eee PC is going for $699 with Free Optical drive & mouse

But the one that he said 250Gb, with price 399.... maybe should wait....

I just came back from Memory World at Funan Centre this afternoon.
Their UDMA Colourspace Hyperdrive is out of stock (this is the faster speed one - 2Gb/min transfer rate).
The have the original Colourspace Hyperdrive (1Gb/min) going at $378 for a 500Gb capacity. The newer UDMA one would have cost $498 at the same 500Gb capacity.
I personally felt that the rate of transfer of 1Gb/min is still very good. A 16Gb CF card would just take me 16 mins to backup.
So I got the 500Gb Colouspace Hyperdrive at $378 happily.
Only qualm - LCD screen no where as good as the DLSR lah.. But heck, it's for backing up mah...

i have a portable hdd that has slots for cards to transfer but have not been using it since i got my netbook!

took my netbook around china and europe for two months last year and not only was able to back up my photos on its hdd, i was able to back up photos onto an external 320gb hdd and surf the net.

it's an asus eeepc

I am using a PhotoBank bought from Sim Lim...casing abt $50++ if I can remember correctly...then I salvaged an old HDD to put it...works well for me...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.