How to slim down without building muscles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
will cycling on a static bicycle give same effect as cycling? I want to to cycle in the comfort of my home ler....

Actually, nobody here knows his current body size so we can't really offer the best advice. And he's not replying to the thread lol.

I belong to the "easiest way out" school of thought on keeping healthy. I don't do sports (besides cyber ones) and don't have the dietary discipline and wish to enjoy food more. I find it incredible that people would completely avoid good food for at best marginal savings in calorie intake. You only live once! Shouldn't we spend more time on fun and memorable things, rather than look back in your old age and remember wasting 2 hours a day in your gym pumping iron when jealously staring at other macho men?

Mind you I have a 12 percent body fat, and a sub 2000 Cal daily metabolic rate, yet I still eat whatever I want. I have a small appetite though, which might explain it. But I have a small appetite because I have a low metabolic rate, which means I save money on food too. Makes sense right. Only sucks when I have to go for buffets.
well that's a lifestyle mentality; there is no right and wrong here to be honest; i won't begrudge you the right to good food, you shouldn't begrudge anyone else the right to exercise and gym either. the gym people don't affect you, and your lifestyle doesn't affect them.. there's always many solutions to one question.

hee hee, there's also a factor called genetics.

healthy is a lifestyle. you have to do it consistently until it becomes your lifestyle.

if you dont wan muscles, hit the gym for circuit training and abstain yourself from protien. train as hard and as intense. e,g
bench press-shoulder press-deadlift-squads. 12 reps ea then rest 1 min and repeat. fo 4 sets. then go for a 15 min threadmill slowrun.

stay away from fatty stuff and protein, you will get stronger, more tone and to a point where you output will be way over your input. you won grow any stronger from then as you have stretch you muscle capability to max. this is why so coolie who look skinny skinny can break your arm at arm wrestle. skinny doesnt mean weak, big muscles don equate strong too.

you will look more muscular cos there is no fat.even though the muscle didnt grow much. and even have shrunk

will cycling on a static bicycle give same effect as cycling? I want to to cycle in the comfort of my home ler....

Why not? Much safer, free from pollutants and you can add comfortable seats to prevent erectile dysfunction.

To the TS, you may want to go to http://www.mapmyrun.com/ to plan out or calculate the distance you have covered if you decide to start jogging/running or cycling. I have used it and find it great plus it has a calorie counter to know the amount of calories burned during the workout.

This is an old wives' tale la.

Muscles doesn't become fat. It merely LOOKS like fat, because of how flabby it is.

If you really want to slim down without building muscles, for whatever inexplicable reason, the best is to just sleep all day. You will lose a lot of muscle mass and because you don't eat when you sleep, you're in essentially a fasting state. You will secret more glucagon, which will inhibit your body from synthesizing more triacylglycerols (ie, fats), increase rate of gluconeogenesis (break down your muscles for energy basically) etc etc. Not dissimilar to the famous (and bloody dangerous) Atkins diet.

Sleep all day - the best way to lose weight. I lost 10 kg after NS just by sleeping all day and watching anime. Most of it was probably muscle....

Koala!

low intensity exercises like running and cycling. umm, do fast reps, like crunches and lifting weights, that will tone your muscles (make them leaner and sexier zomg) and burn fats. Don't do slow reps of these exercises because that will build muscles mass instead of toning.

but of course, if you don't want muscles at all you should just sleep. :)

Last edited:
low intensity exercises like running and cycling. umm, do fast reps, like crunches and lifting weights, that will tone your muscles (make them leaner and sexier zomg) and burn fats. Don't do slow reps of these exercises because that will build muscles mass instead of toning.

Not directed at you...but just to add...

Ah..... call me silly stupid but... if TS don't want muscle at all.... you are just a vegetable in bed. You can't move so yes....sleep will be the only active thing you can do with your life.

:devil:

So do you mean if I don't want to build up muscles but want to burn fats, I should run and cycle fast?

Not true, depending on your age, not good for people above 50 years old and never run before to start a program on running in order to loose fats. Always remember your knee joints can get damaged easily if you have never run before. (not knowing the right technique for running or jogging)

1. If you have been running regularly for the past three to four years, you can continue running even if you are 65 years or older.

2. If you are older and wish to tone down the fats start a slow space cycling program and gradually you will find your stamina not only increased but you are getting slimmer and healthier.

3. Get a speed meter on your bike and start cycling at around 10-20 km per hr in a slow and stead space. Cruise slowly so as not to run out of breath. After a couple of weeks (three times weekly or best daily) you can increase your speed from 15-25 km per hr. Spend at least 1/2 to one hour or more for each cycling session. The real benefits comes from cycling regularly. If you cycling one or twice per month, you won't find any result even if you cycle for more than 2 hours at every session.

4. People who are older (50 years and above) can still go on a cycling routine to be slimmer and healthy with proper guidance.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.