How to rename folders? And other questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightbreed

Jan 12, 2004
Hello everybody!

1. I got a D100. My folders on the CF card now reads 999ND100. How do I get it to go back to 100ND100 etc. Becoz now I cannot have more than 1 folder since I cannot create a folder with a smaller number eg, 998ND100 or 500ND100 etc. Thank you!

2. For the same camera, when I turn mode selector to A or even S, the digital readout on the camera goes screwy, like at A it will show 'bulb' and the aperture settings will fluctuate all over the place even when I'm not touching the camera! What gives? :dunno:

3. I'm thinking of getting another CF card (prob a 512mb). I got a Lexar, a Sandisk and a Ridata. Increasingly of late, the Sandisk and Ridata seems to be getting a bit slower in writing and reading. The Lexar seems fine. Is there any particular brand (excluding Lexar) which reads and write real fast?

Thank you for your time!

Moisture might have gotton into the camera's electronics. U might want to send it in for checkup. :)

nightbreed said:
Hello everybody!

1. I got a D100. My folders on the CF card now reads 999ND100. How do I get it to go back to 100ND100 etc. Becoz now I cannot have more than 1 folder since I cannot create a folder with a smaller number eg, 998ND100 or 500ND100 etc. Thank you!
Search in this forum. One guy did it and managed to reset it. Or was that in DPReview? :think:

wah..u all put folder inside cf card one ah? cheem leh :think:

Watcher said:
Search in this forum. One guy did it and managed to reset it. Or was that in DPReview? :think:

Yah! Now that u mention it, I remember. It is somewhere in this site. But I tried and I still got the same prob. :think: :dunno:

Oh, what happens after the camera records its 9999th picture? The filename for pix is DSC_nnnn, right? Does it go back to DSC_0001? Mine is now 6000+. I got a feeling there is a simple solution, but I can't think of it.

Thank you!!

HAHAHAHAHA...............

I'm not trying to be insensitive or what, but I didn't expect anyone to kenna this as well !!!

:bsmilie: :bheart:

I was the jackass who played with the folders and screwed it up !!!

It's in my posting somewhere around here. Don't know how to append the link, try and search under " Honey, I screwed up the Nikon D100 folders !! "

Status
Not open for further replies.