How to remove spot in photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a-z0-9

Dec 1, 2006
I am sure you guys can spot the spot (excuse the pun) on the
left side of the photos. I have previously tried cleaning the
UV filter before with a cloth. However as shown it is still there.
What exactly is it and how to remove it?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_2685small.jpg

IMG_2688small.jpg

I also have quite a large spot in all my pics when taking the airshow today even at f/8. It's the sensor dirty and can be removed via Photoshop. If not u can try to use a blower and blow into the sensor or send it in to the service centre to have them cleaned for u.

I also have quite a large spot in all my pics when taking the airshow today even at f/8. It's the sensor dirty and can be removed via Photoshop. If not u can try to use a blower and blow into the sensor or send it in to the service centre to have them cleaned for u.

I saw other CSer's airshow photo also have the same probelms. In normal case we do shoot vertical up, if there is any dirt in the camera, it will fall right on the sensor.

During airshow, I shoot with two camera 350D & 20D, 350D had no problems but for 20D after shooting about 200 shots the dirt spot start to appear. at the end of day after using a blower and blow into the sensor, the dirt spot disappear. The problem appear three time (day), at the end of day blow clean the sensor and the dirt spot disappear again. My 20D just return from CSC for sensor cleaning one month ago. Look like I need to do sensor cleaning everytime after shooting.

Looks like dirt on the sensor.

ya, shld be dust on sensor...time to send back to the service center for sensor cleaning liao...:confused:

i tink there is a function in photoshop called spot healing tool. just adjust the size of the brush to slightly larger than the spot and click once.
it applies when the surrounding pixels are abt the same colour as the area that covered by the spot.

oh btw, the spots can also be dirt or marks on the lens front element other than sensor dust.

I saw other CSer's airshow photo also have the same probelms. In normal case we do shoot vertical up, if there is any dirt in the camera, it will fall right on the sensor.

During airshow, I shoot with two camera 350D & 20D, 350D had no problems but for 20D after shooting about 200 shots the dirt spot start to appear. at the end of day after using a blower and blow into the sensor, the dirt spot disappear. The problem appear three time (day), at the end of day blow clean the sensor and the dirt spot disappear again. My 20D just return from CSC for sensor cleaning one month ago. Look like I need to do sensor cleaning everytime after shooting.

When dusts will settle on the sensor is very hard to predict as they're everywhere and are more prone when changing lenses. I think i got mine from a model shoot yesterday at the beach when i changed lens. Mine also just sent in not very long ago for shutter change then also asked them to clean my sensor.

So what i did just now is to activate the 'sensor clean' function in my camera then use a blower to quickly blow directly on the sensor with some force then quickly turn off the camera. But sometimes, the spots are still there.

Go back to the service centre for cleaning.

If you are adventurous, then you may want to try to clean it yourself.

Healing tools in photoshop will remove it in a click. can also be use to remove pimples/mole on model's face.

why do those pictures look exactly like mine.. even the spot. hahaha.. damn dusts.

Status
Not open for further replies.