How to protect ur Cam and lens overseas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to know what is the reason? the bag is made of fabric not plastic? I put the lense bag is to prevent the lense body from rubbing aginst the camera body, alternatively, one can use a piece of form in between as protection, but I though the bag will be neater.
The bag may have higher humidity than photography gear (since it is fabric, or sometimes made from leather, genuine or not). It will make effectiveness of silica gel to absorb humidity decreased.

Regards,
Arto.

I recently went Korea for a holiday and brought my PnS, DSLR and 2 lenses. If your trip is around a week with cool weather, it's safe to just keep it in the camera bag. If you're staying for longer durations and in humid weather, u may want to put silica gel inside.

do U experience water vapot on the filter when U are out to cold outdoor from "warm indoor"?

What country? If the climate there is dry, then you won't have a problem. Fungus growth happens over years anyway, so vacations to most countries for a month or so shouldn't be a problem. Go to a really wet place like the Amazon and you'll have to worry about some serious condensation when you take out your camera, though.

But anyway, portable dry boxes exist, for you to store your camera and carry it around.

so does not mean from indoor 26deg to outdoor -15 deg we will have condensation problem?
hmmm....like tat have to standby cloth to wipe the filter liao:think:

sorry to dig up this old tread but just wondering when you guys bring the camera oversea, do you pack into your suitcase or handcarry? The reason i am asking is because the camera is quite bulky so it would easier to pack into suitcase but then you worry about the handling of the suitecase and the condition of the cargo area....

sorry to dig up this old tread but just wondering when you guys bring the camera oversea, do you pack into your suitcase or handcarry? The reason i am asking is because the camera is quite bulky so it would easier to pack into suitcase but then you worry about the handling of the suitecase and the condition of the cargo area....

HAND CARRY

I will pack all the batteries, heavy but less valuable stuff, stuffs that can withstand rough handling in the check in baggages, and the camera and lenses in the carry on.

HAND CARRY

I will pack all the batteries, heavy but less valuable stuff, stuffs that can withstand rough handling in the check in baggages, and the camera and lenses in the carry on.

Totally agree. I also hand carry my camera, my lenses and my 2.85kg 15.4" laptop in a single shoulder bag (ya, a backpack will be good, but my laptop cannot fit into the CompuTrekker). For your info, luggages are being kicked or throw in the cargo area (my friend work in airport before). Anyway, once you reach the hotel, you can always put those stuff that you are not using into the luggage or whatever storage you find safe. Just go out and shoot with what you need. ;)

cameras and lens MUST be in hand-carry bag with you inflight.

Status
Not open for further replies.