How to produce such pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

artemies

Apr 14, 2004
Hi all, I'm new to photography. I have always wanted to know how to produce such pictures ie. the image is so crisp and sharp. Usually, for yahoo auctions, the photos taken by the sellers are usually very dark and unprofessional looking (I 'brightened this one up using photoshop, but it looks really weird). Just how do the professionals do it?

From abercrombie website
4569_01_b.jpg

From yahoo auctions
mrs_diana_lim-img401x327-1082173671redstripedblouse.jpg

artemies said:
Hi all, I'm new to photography. I have always wanted to know how to produce such pictures ie. the image is so crisp and sharp. Usually, for yahoo auctions, the photos taken by the sellers are usually very dark and unprofessional looking (I 'brightened this one up using photoshop, but it looks really weird). Just how do the professionals do it?

From abercrombie website
4569_01_b.jpg

From yahoo auctions
mrs_diana_lim-img401x327-1082173671redstripedblouse.jpg

Use big white paper !!!!!

use majong paper, make sure they are not crumpled.

use 2 lights, to eliminate shadows.

camera has to be facing the object directly.

mylau said:
use majong paper, make sure they are not crumpled.

use 2 lights, to eliminate shadows.

camera has to be facing the object directly.

So do professionals place the item on the floor/table with mahjong paper or 'hang' it up or make it stick to a vertical surface? Sorry for my ignorance.. I feel really stupid. :embrass:

i do basic studio photography... while them studios have the big lights... i have my flurescent light and two table lamps... added to that is a 420 EX flash unit on a 300D... results are surprising... u do not need a lot to get stunning pictures... u need to know where to put the lights to get rid of shadows and also photoshop (7 or CS is good) to get rid of unwanted bits to ur pic... i use a 2 metre by 1 metre long cloth instead of paper because everyone in the office keeps writing on it! and it really works.. one thing though... u need to make sure that the lights u use a bright white or the combination of same types of lights so it won't be too hard on ur WB... i use all bright white flurescent lights and they work well... by the way... anybody knows where to get them sto-fen omnibounce things in s'pore? and how much are those? how much better would the pics get?

Status
Not open for further replies.