How to keep lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm...so is it better to put lens side down or lens side up?

Personally when I store them upright, I keep them lens element down, larger surface area, less likely to topple over.

my lens all cheap and small. so can store mount side down. if bigger lens then i suggest front end down. but then would it be risky when u transporting them around?

my lens all cheap and small. so can store mount side down. if bigger lens then i suggest front end down. but then would it be risky when u transporting them around?

Nope... after-all, good camera bags are well padded. Also, with the mount side up, much easier to change lenses...

Use common sense. If top heavier, then store top down, if bottom heavier then bottom down. If no space, then store horizontal. No need to be so nitty gritty abt these details.

okie! seems like its fine to do anything. :) As long as it doesn't destroy the lens!

Sorry for the repeated posts. Had problems with the response when I clicked post.

hug it when u sleep :bsmilie:

use it as a bolster ah? hahaha only if its a 14 - 14000! then its long enough..heehee

thanks for the tips guys!

Even though the lens side is usually wider, but the mount side always seem heavier. Between a larger surface area and a lower cg, I choose to lower cg. Feels more stable that way. Of course placing it on its side is the most stable.

Even though the lens side is usually wider, but the mount side always seem heavier. Between a larger surface area and a lower cg, I choose to lower cg. Feels more stable that way. Of course placing it on its side is the most stable.

hmm... finally i start to see the logic behind the "mount side down" theory... will consider storing my lenses as such.. thanks bro!

I would like to provide a free storage facility for all lens. All CSers are welcome to deposit their lens with me. I will store them so you don't have to worry about it.

For lenses with front diameter of 72mm or more, it is more stable to face down. How much lower can your CG go? Stability is not just about lowering CG, it's about preventing the CG from moving out of the edge of the base during tipping. Lowering CG is just one way to achieve that.

does it matter how the lens is kept? curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.