How to find & create own website

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Tiger

May 11, 2004
In the heart of SengKang
www.worldwar2aces.com
Hi

I would like to have my own personal website, and also to upload my photo works for all to share.
Anyone got any lobang for the best deal? Which one is better? Advantage or disadvantage? Please help as I need to done within this week.

(I know this thread was being post and question was ask somewhere before, but I couldn't find it, hence, I post it again)

yo brother... brother...

several ways to have a website:

1) sign up for some free online webspace.
eg.:
http://www.pbase.com/
there are others, but I don't have the URLs

2) pay for some webspace with some company and register a domain
eg. you can register http://www.kingtiger.com
depending on it's availability.
i've got a friend who can offer such hosting services. can give you his contact and u call him (if you want.)

3) hitch on to someone elses webspace.

If you need a website entirely on your own then give me a PM. Anyway, do note that it cost at least 20% more to what other shared domain . Moreover, you have to pay around $25 per year for your domain.

However, what you have is a URL that belong only to you e.g. yourdomain.com. You can compare these to owning a house all by yourself or sharing it with someone else. The choice and budget is yours, so choose what you really want and can afford. ;)

hmm actually quite easy task...

domain name i got about 7 bucks from evsomething... later i search thru my emails for the registration... its a yearly renewal... its for .com, if u wan .com.sg (need to get ROC, den price not worth it, about 40-60 bucks per year) even .per.sg also not worth it...

den getting the space u wan... quite alot of hosting package in sg, can check out sgwebhostingtalk.com. but have to take note of the person's credibility... they can offer yearly package or monthly package. den just point your .com to their server will do... den now most of the cpanels or watever have gallery script built in... so quite easy, or u have a script u prefer den just load in, instructions are easy.

or simpler, just get from clubsnap, or whoever can offer u an offer... anyway never see clubsnap down before, so i think shouldn't be a problem... i have a host which landed me in some hot soup... keep having DOS attack, den suddenly my site's data gone, unretrievable, den worst, sometimes the root menu gone cos they change server without informing den never do a proper job... den my hidden protected stuff get exposed... which now kena alot of legal problems...

Hi Guys

Thanks for your comment.
I will study what my needs & requirements first and will decide later.

I might consider taking up Clubsnap's Value Plan first (50MB webspace with Pre-installed Photo Gallery, $36 per year).
But not sure if it is a good start :think: , anyone know how many picture can I upload for 50MB of webspace ?

Status
Not open for further replies.