How to extract Hitachi 4GB MD from Muvo 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klipsch said:
One of the screw holes is covered by a little Creative warranty sticker. If you have a way to remove it without any traces of it being tampered then i think should have no problem.

haha, don't you think someone will notice that's it's not a 4GB MD inside?? :bsmilie:

cyrilng said:
haha, don't you think someone will notice that's it's not a 4GB MD inside?? :bsmilie:

No lah of cos not send it in with a different card. Assuming theres something wrong with either the player or the MD say 3 months down the road then can always put the MD back in and send in. Thats what he was trying to ask i think.

Klipsch said:
One of the screw holes is covered by a little Creative warranty sticker. If you have a way to remove it without any traces of it being tampered then i think should have no problem.

its not a warranty sticker. just black tape to prevent short circuit to the PCB. if you remove it carefully without spoiling the screws you should be able to put it back looking like original condition.

JaGr said:
its not a warranty sticker. just black tape to prevent short circuit to the PCB. if you remove it carefully without spoiling the screws you should be able to put it back looking like original condition.

Please note that the newer muvo's all come with a new type 'unpeelable' plastic type sticker. Once you remove that or tamper with it, they will know.

:confused:

HelmetBox said:
Please note that the newer muvo's all come with a new type 'unpeelable' plastic type sticker. Once you remove that or tamper with it, they will know.

:confused:
All older MuVo2 4GB units with the 9th-10th digit of serial number having "42" are safe, ie no warranty sticker. Those with "43" have this sticker.

JaGr said:

I am not talking about the black tape. Its this round creative sticker covering one of the screw holes.

Klipsch said:
I am not talking about the black tape. Its this round creative sticker covering one of the screw holes.

It's always possible to get around the system I guess.....

TME said:
It's always possible to get around the system I guess.....

they are smart to come up with the new type stickers. Probably can be done but troublesome I guess.

HelmetBox said:
they are smart to come up with the new type stickers. Probably can be done but troublesome I guess.

For the price difference, I think it's worth the trouble..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.