How to extract Hitachi 4GB MD from Muvo 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drudkh

Mar 2, 2004
lulu island
I found this on the internet, seems very detail and useful for people here who wants to buy the player and use only the drive. You should only do this if you think that you can handle it. I will not be responsible for any actions you've taken with reference to the below mentioned website. Have fun. ;)

http://www.pcconsultant.com/microdrive.htm

Administrators & Moderator, if you think this should not be here, you can move it away or delete it.

Cheers. :cheers:

I dun think it should be here, not appropiate

a lot of people knew about this quite a while ago.

anyway anything is appropiate to post here if it's related to photography General, Reviews, Tech Talk categories, as what the sub-forum title suggest. :D

behyx said:
a lot of people knew about this quite a while ago.

anyway anything is appropiate to post here if it's related to photography General, Reviews, Tech Talk categories, as what the sub-forum title suggest. :D

Thanks! By the way, does anyone knows if there's a compatible list of cameras with this micro drive? Or is it as long as the camera support CF2 (w/ FAT32) can already? :dunno:

Does creative explitly says we can not take the HD? The most I believe will only void the warranty of your Muvo.

Drudkh said:
Thanks! By the way, does anyone knows if there's a compatible list of cameras with this micro drive? Or is it as long as the camera support CF2 (w/ FAT32) can already? :dunno:

Most cameras can support CF2 (even my D30). But you must consider whether does the camera support FAT32 format (which D30 doesn't).

Now.. the question is that which CF cards will work with the Nuvo 2?
I've chanced upon this site... but I lost it. :)

How much does a Muvo in singapore cost? I think it's like $600??

TME said:
How much does a Muvo in singapore cost? I think it's like $600??

$419

:sweat: :sweat:

zodnm said:
$419

:sweat: :sweat:

if you dun mind ordering from Amazon.com ( or any major US online mail order store), and having it delivered to Singapore via VPOSTUSA, you'll get it for only approx S$370 or less ( US$200 + free shipping to vpost office in US + approx S$20 shipping to Sg = S$360-370 ).

chriszzz said:
if you dun mind ordering from Amazon.com ( or any major US online mail order store), and having it delivered to Singapore via VPOSTUSA, you'll get it for only approx S$370 or less ( US$200 + free shipping to vpost office in US + approx S$20 shipping to Sg = S$360-370 ).

WoW!!!! Is it new from Amazon? Sounds good for a 4GB CF-II MD.... very good indeed.... but sometimes carrying a portable HDD might be more viable since it's much cheaper.... and has many times more capacity... and if transfer via laptop can still inspect the photos and reshoot if on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday..... :)

Klipsch said:
Wahahaha. Observant man you!

Anyway...those who are interested, Cybermind selling the Muvo 2 for $409. Called them up earlier and they still have stock. Afew pieces left only though.

don't know if i should buy or not leh... $400 bucks is a pretty big sum for me. :think:

Drudkh said:
don't know if i should buy or not leh... $400 bucks is a pretty big sum for me. :think:

plus consider that if something goes wrong with the drive or player after you have extracted the micro drive, you can say bye-bye to both as the warranty would've been voided. :what:

cyrilng said:
plus consider that if something goes wrong with the drive or player after you have extracted the micro drive, you can say bye-bye to both as the warranty would've been voided. :what:

:eek: what if very careful extraction? no traces? :(

cyrilng said:

Yah very true. Its a risk you have to take if you want cheap and HUGE capacity card. If can get it to work it'll be really sweet. :)

Drudkh said:
:eek: what if very careful extraction? no traces? :(

One of the screw holes is covered by a little Creative warranty sticker. If you have a way to remove it without any traces of it being tampered then i think should have no problem.

Drudkh said:

ask urself whether is there a need.

sacrificing battery life and read/write speed and the lost of warranty is quite pointless if you only utilise 1/4 of the memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.