How to determine whether the car is a undercover POLICE car ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

k3nn3th03

Jan 6, 2005
mod, if this thread infringe any rules, pls del it away.. jus wan some advise.. thanks.

========================================================

dear all,

would like to seek any advise..

if u were driving and was horn by a normal car but with a blinker on the roof to signal u to stop, how do pple determine whether it is a geniune POLICE car ??

it happen to me today.. he stop me.. but i wasnt sure if its a police car.. some point i noted..

- there is no POLICE on the car
- it is a old merc
- he wasnt in uniform when he step out of his car. in shorts and polo-t
- seem like his private use car, as faintly see a woman in the passenger seat

wat color of blinker does police car use ?? :think:

k3nn3th03 said:
mod, if this thread infringe any rules, pls del it away.. jus wan some advise.. thanks.

dear all,

if u were driving and was horn by a normal car but with a blinker on the roof to signal u to stop, how do pple determine whether it is a geniune POLICE car ??

it happen to me today.. he stop me.. but i wasnt sure if its a police car.. some point i noted..

- it is a old merc

hmmmmm... think you should email the traffic police to seek and explaination on this... we cant have idiots with lights on their cars playing pranks on us..

keep us informed...

k3nn3th03 said:

dear all,

- it is a old merc

so what happened later? If it happened to me, I would stop to see what happened but won't give a damn whether he is a policeman. If he is a policeman, I would copy down his ID instead.

Did you noticed his licence plate?
Normally private police cars start with QX for your info.

Go cantoment you can see tons of them.

zaxh81 said:
Did you noticed his licence plate?
Normally private police cars start with QX for your info.

Go cantoment you can see tons of them.

cars driven by police personnel for undercover operations will not be QX plate car.

they use blue strobe or revolving lights.. easily available cheaply at sim lim..

most of the unmarked cars that pull people over are white(faded to slight cream coloured) volvos.. and they do have dress codes when on duty.. I don't think they are allowed to wear shorts.. how would you like to be booked by sloppy guy in shorts and slippers?

yes.. if he is not in uniform, can always ask for his ID and copy it down then complain him for improper attire. :bsmilie:

EDIT: They have the turqoise IUs..

reachme2003 said:
cars driven by police personnel for undercover operations will not be QX plate car.
that's right..

i'm more curious on the part what happened after he stopped you...

undercover ops cars are unlikely to come with 'blinkers'. we are misled by what we see in movies.

yanyewkay said:
they use blue strobe or revolving lights.. easily available cheaply at sim lim..

most of the unmarked cars that pull people over are white(faded to slight cream coloured) volvos.. and they do have dress codes when on duty.. I don't think they are allowed to wear shorts.. how would you like to be booked by sloppy guy in shorts and slippers?

yes.. if he is not in uniform, can always ask for his ID and copy it down then complain him for improper attire. :bsmilie:

tokrot said:
so what happened later? If it happened to me, I would stop to see what happened but won't give a damn whether he is a policeman. If he is a policeman, I would copy down his ID instead.

he din say much.. on the whole he was saying my driving was not safe.. but in the first place, he CUT into my lane, even i beam him.. he say he got put signal.. wat a big crap... no he din show his id.., if he did, i would definitely copy his id ..

reachme2003 said:

nope.. it is not QX..but i do know certain undercover police car is not QX.. but as in normal SXX

yanyewkay said:

that wat i think too.. i can also always buy a RED color and plug into my cig lighter plug.. he din booked me, he tok to me , its not even a warning..

i din notice abt the IU color.. he quickly turn into the carpark after he board the car..

i've seen it with my own eyes.. the passenger side guy pop up a blue strobe from the window onto the rooftop. TWICE I've seen it.

The unmarked cars that stay hidden are those that go round video recording all the minor offences. Those cars do not pull offenders over.

reachme2003 said:

Thanks for the info bro.

Can't be undercover operation as k3nn3th03 say he didn't copy id but if you did take down his number plate then better make a police report to ensure cause you did no wrong in the first place.

I got a feeling that you have been duped... if you remember the car plate no, better inform the police abt it.. could be a prankster. If so, he should pay for trying to impersonate a police officer.

reachme2003 said:
undercover ops cars are unlikely to come with 'blinkers'. we are misled by what we see in movies.

i agree..

my first instinct was, oh police stopping me.. but after that, i ask my friends if they hear any siren, they say no but i tot i did... hmmm :think: misleading..

i do know some police car in sg has got a small blue n red blinker FIXED onto the windscreen front and back and it is small..

as for color, it is not white and it is MERC.. those slightly old version E200..

dumb me, should have think of these...

I've seen a car, something like the old volvo described here with an AUTOMATIC flip up strobe. I tot it was quite cool :)

code said:
I got a feeling that you have been duped... if you remember the car plate no, better inform the police abt it.. could be a prankster. If so, he should pay for trying to impersonate a police officer.

yup.. got his no plate..

u guys think i should make a report ??

i know it is an offence to impersonate police... but does he have to make such a big risk ??

my sense is that you believed it to be a undercover police car since it was using a blinker. did the driver of the old merc identified himself as a police officer and if he did, did he produce a warrant card? i wonder what led you to believe that he is a police officer?

Status
Not open for further replies.