How to determine whether the car is a undercover POLICE car ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
reachme2003 said:
my sense is that you believed it to be a undercover police car since it was using a blinker. did the driver of the old merc identified himself as a police officer and if he did, did he produce a warrant card? i wonder what led you to believe that he is a police officer?

well, come to think of it now, i am really dumb...

"wat u see is wat u believe "

therefore, when i see the blinker, my 1st instinct was POLICE..

he wind down his window, took the blinker out with those curly wire and put on the roof..

no, he din show his card..

k3nn3th03 said:
yup.. got his no plate..

u guys think i should make a report ??

i know it is an offence to impersonate police... but does he have to make such a big risk ??

You should definitely report him. Lots of people impersonate themselves as police officers and get away with all sorts of things. Report him and let the law come down on him like a ton of bricks

i believe its the practise of all police officers, be it in uniform or not to show their ID when approaching anyone.

so, he did not impersonate a police officer.

too much of such scenes from movies from the west. be careful they may be out to rob you or steal your car, if this happens in another country.

reachme2003 said:
so, he did not impersonate a police officer.

too much of such scenes from movies from the west. be careful they may be out to rob you or steal your car, if this happens in another country.

Yes he did. He might not have said so out loud, but the very act of putting the blinkers is enough to incriminate him for impersonation a police officer

Drudkh said:
i believe its the practise of all police officers, be it in uniform or not to show their ID when approaching anyone.

there is no such requirement when they are in uniform.

Gymrat76 said:
You should definitely report him. Lots of people impersonate themselves as police officers and get away with all sorts of things. Report him and let the law come down on him like a ton of bricks
i agree. do not hesitate. not too long ago, i got a new neighbour a police officer knocked on my door. he showed me his pass though but he was wearing t-shirt, jeans and guess what? slippers! my god! he claimed to be from clementi police station and asked me if anyone moved things out of the unit opp. mine. he left his name 7 number and after that i quickly called up clementi police station and ask if this person exist. well, he is.

Gymrat76 said:
Yes he did. He might not have said so out loud, but the very act of putting the blinkers is enough to incriminate him for impersonation a police officer

no, i do not agree. are blinkers a controlled item?

reachme2003 said:
there is no such requirement when they are in uniform.
maybe i am wrong, but everytime when police officers approach me, they still do show me their ID even though they had it clipped on their uniform.

reachme2003 said:

Haha, in Singapore, what isn't a controlled item? :bsmilie:

Honestly, I wouldn't know, but I would think that its illegal to do so. After all, if every Tom. Dick and Harry were allowed to use such blinkers in their cars, how does one differentiate a real unmarked police vehicle from one that isn't?

Drudkh said:
maybe i am wrong, but everytime when police officers approach me, they still do show me their ID even though they had it clipped on their uniform.

Wah, how come you always get approached by the police? :bigeyes: ;p

when they are not in uniform, they are required to produce their warrant card. if in doubt, call 999.

the name badge is worn on their uniform. again, such name badge need not be 'produced'.

Gymrat76 said:
Wah, how come you always get approached by the police? :bigeyes: ;p
haha, i looked like a wanted man? :eek:

Gymrat76 said:

that y i tot he was a police...

reachme2003 said:

i dun think so...

cos, i often see those lorry also got.. but in yellow color..

hmmm...

is there any REAL COP out here ?? :(

As a photog (well since you are here)... shoudda snap a few pics of the merc and post it here :bsmilie: :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.