How to create an old photo using PS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogersk8ter

Dec 21, 2004
I use PS to lower the Hue to achieve the effect of old photos (duno if there is a special name for such effects) and this is what i got.....

Like to know if it can be better cos i feel the effect is not quite right. Thanks for the comments.

16070SBGRyan1.jpg

rogersk8ter said:
Like to know if it can be better cos i feel the effect is not quite right.

The most obvious thing I could think of would be to refrain from embossed frames, selective blurring, and other obviously computer generated effects. Placing text within the picture was certainly possible in the analog days, but too much of a hassle to be used for family photographs. If there has to be some kind of message at all, handwritten text on the border would be more authentic.

One could also emulate technical limitations of really old photographic equipment, e.g. vignetting or soft focus in the corners.

Load the image effects from PS, then use "Aging" action to create it.

Wow.. ur PS actually got that ? hahaha... -.-"

what i'm thinking is that i've came across a Plug-in for PS that got "oldening" effects such as Old Frames, Old colors, Dirt and even Grains.

A more simply way is just do what you did, change the huge, or convert it to B&W and start playing around with the color balance !! :)

Thank you guys for the heads up. Let me try them!

After spending hours PSing......is this closer? :bsmilie:

16070ageing.jpg

rogersk8ter said:
After spending hours PSing......is this closer? :bsmilie:

I think so :) but displaying the year 2005 so prominently makes it look a bit less old ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.