how to clean lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrdogbear

Hi all,

When I tried to click micro photos for kids, the boy used his finger to touch the lens. Then, I found there was fingerprint on the the lens.

I just wondering how should I clean it off? Can I use soft tissue to wipe it off?

Thanks

There are lens tissues being sold on the market. Ask around any neighbourhood photo developing stores. Pretty cheap. But don't you have filters for your lens? Just a simple filter won't spoil the lens and it can protect your lens from fingerprints. :)

Actually lens tissue is not very good. It will cause scratches if not careful.

1. A good way(at least this is how i do it).
1. Use a blower/brush to remove all the dirt on the lens. Dirt not removed will cause scratches if u wipe the lens)

2. Breath onto the lens and use a micro fibre cloth to wipe it in a circular motion, starting from the centre.

A lens pen will be useful.

As poledra point out, use a filter. Unless it a cheap lens like those 50/1.8.

ya there is a cloth from 3M.....cant remember the name liao....is quite good for lens.......or get a Chamois from KONICA......;)

my cheap chamois leaves many furry stuff on the lens, and my lens pen seems to leave stuff on the lens too, only way I manage to clean is with solution and lens tissue combination.

Originally posted by hoppinghippo
my cheap chamois leaves many furry stuff on the lens, and my lens pen seems to leave stuff on the lens too, only way I manage to clean is with solution and lens tissue combination.

then get a better one lor......;) ..i got 1 from john 3:16 some time ago.....

A lens pen is a pretty nifty gadget, and it should suffice for typical "stuff" like fingerprints unless that kid happened to have some radioactive slime on his fingers.

NEVER save $$$ on a filter
get a gd and "durable" one

u never noe when IT might just save ur lens...
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.