How to adjust RAW images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oly5050

Feb 1, 2005
Tried shooting some RAW. But how do you know what is the correct WB and colour that it should be corrected to during post processing? Is there some kind of guide or do you just use auto-correct?

Tried shooting some RAW. But how do you know what is the correct WB and colour that it should be corrected to during post processing? Is there some kind of guide or do you just use auto-correct?

I generally use Auto, and check with my own eyes... But if you want to be sure, shoot a white card in the pic and use it to check on WB.

i usually just auto and adjust it slightly to my liking.

Just shoot raw and adjust later before ps. Alway check lcd histogram as a guide.

there is no one correct wb
it depends on what sort of mood you intend to achieve

what sort of colours you want
what you likie might not be what others like, though

for example, one might like skin tone in tungsten wb, love it a lot
others may not like it because it looks unnatural

but after all, you have the freedom of the artist
so long as you don't go too overboard, i guess

this is the reason why you shoot in raw
you get to choose and project your own vision

if you not sure of the WB colour...shoot jpeg instead...

if you not sure of the WB colour...shoot jpeg instead...

Are you sure?? If you didn't set to the proper White Balance, it still comes out as the wrong one...

Are you sure?? If you didn't set to the proper White Balance, it still comes out as the wrong one...

yes...leave it to auto...most of the time it works very well...;)

yes...leave it to auto...most of the time it works very well...;)

try that in tungsten lighting... it still comes out as orangy

for tungsten or flouroscent lighting, i find myself doing manual color temperature to obtain the right colors in the photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.