How photography helped me in NS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
nickmak said:
Hey guys,

Here's a tip for all those NSF guys who are planning to get marksmanship for their ATP. Its old news already, but I'd wanna stress this out: Take your heaviest lens and aim at one point for 10 mins every day. For me I attached my 500mm f4L to my camera and aimed at one point for that amount of time. In the end at the range, ATP was so easy. Scored 100% for my ATP! With M16, not SAR21 some more! Easy money too. :bsmilie:

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Nick

But how many people can afford a 500/4L like you?

I did it the Jackie Chan way: I hooked up a pail of water to end of a length of timber and aimed at one point everyday. :)

If you do this, even a Karl Gustav is no problem man

+evenstar said:
ehh...no 500mm lei..how to train? enlisting next year liaox :confused:
Do more pushups. 100 a day would suffice. Or you can follow kahheng's Jackie Chan training advice (see the post above). ;)

just spent a week at IMT last week.

somehow, for some targets I just can't see the target itself. :dunno:

ended up anyhow shooting and of course missing lah.

Funny things happen lay ... My night shot target always empty but my neighbour's got double :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Dun think accuracy is about strength leh. I dunno much abt rifle, but in archery, i was the weakest in strength but most accurate in shots.

regards to breathing, i also dun think purposely breathe out or hold breath is good for accuracy. In fact, i know if a person hold breath, the concentration is lost for one, 2nd is that the body will start to tremble (very slightly and may not even notice it) if hold more than 3 sec.

When i shoot, i dun really notice how i breathe, but video footage shows that 90% of the time, i release my shots on my "out-breathe". also, do not aim too long. anything more than 3 sec is considered too long. usually, wht i do is 1. focus. 2. take a deep breathe. 3. get ready. 4. up, aim, release shot (all under 3 sec for step 4)

Ola said:
Funny things happen lay ... My night shot target always empty but my neighbour's got double :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

:bsmilie: It's always nice to see tracers headed for your figure :bsmilie:

I think the strength helps in terms of being able to hold the rifle with ease, so that you can easily aim the sights to the target and stay there. The breathing technique is also very important!

I rem during BMT, my PC had us balance a 50cent coin on barrel of M16, to show us difference between squeezing and snatching the trigger...

Coin stays on, "Good"...
Coin drops, "Give me 30"..

btw, anyone get good scores shooting P226? ;)

Ally said:
I rem during BMT, my PC had us balance a 50cent coin on barrel of M16, to show us difference between squeezing and snatching the trigger...

Coin stays on, "Good"...
Coin drops, "Give me 30"..

btw, anyone get good scores shooting P226? ;)
What is P226? :think: :think:

Ola said:
What is P226? :think: :think:

Sig Sauer P226, standard sidearm for officers

p226.jpg

nickmak said:
I think the strength helps in terms of being able to hold the rifle with ease, so that you can easily aim the sights to the target and stay there. The breathing technique is also very important!

Of course strength is impt, no strength how hold to rifle up :bsmilie: m16 + 30 rounds + 5x30 spare mags aint light :bsmilie:

zac08 said:
Sig Sauer P226, standard sidearm for officers

p226.jpg

plus our friends wearing the temasek uniform :bsmilie:

nickmak said:
after carrying a heavy camera for some time, i tried shooting with a light 350D and found that it suffers more handshake problems...:confused:

OK. One question for the sport shooter with their 5fps bodies.

When you shoot in multiframe mode, do you say "TWENTY-ONE" and let go?

Haha... I can imagine... 'HOT BARREL! HOT BARREL! Change barrel drill!' Haha... Then the camera starts dissolving into a pile of muck... haha! lol...

I need a rich parent or rich papa/mama to buy me a 500 f/4 first :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.