How photography helped me in NS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
nickmak said:
Hey guys,

Here's a tip for all those NSF guys who are planning to get marksmanship for their ATP. Its old news already, but I'd wanna stress this out: Take your heaviest lens and aim at one point for 10 mins every day. For me I attached my 500mm f4L to my camera and aimed at one point for that amount of time. In the end at the range, ATP was so easy. Scored 100% for my ATP! With M16, not SAR21 some more! Easy money too. :bsmilie:

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Nick
ehh...no 500mm lei..how to train? enlisting next year liaox :confused:

Wai said:
well....problem is we dont have a choice, but you can

at that time, i also never expect i will get into one of the rarest vocation in the army

Koelsch said:
Wai : what vocation u went into?

His avatar says it all ;)

Anyway what's everyone's preferred shooting position? I like being in prone :bsmilie: (BTW I like to have my sleeves folded to my elbow when I shoot - anyone with the same preference?) ;)

simon80 said:
i got almost perfect eyesight ..
i just cant align my tip to the target at night .. :bsmilie:

so I just trigger like a shutter :bsmilie:

Night range to me easier cos i follow the tracer. Just squeeze after the tracer. But my best only 16/20 at nite cos i missed one tracer and the rest miss! :bsmilie:

Fav pos = Foxhole and standing. hehe doggie also i likes. :D

Shadus said:
nowadays our SAF very weird leh.
just 2 wks ago, i was happily going for my non-ICT IPPT. then i kenna rejected!!!
they say my unit stand-down. WTF. where's my incentive?! tot must IPPT every yr?

The samething happen to me and rejected. :dunno:
I was below 35 year old then. After this CPL every year. :lovegrin:

afbug said:
Night range to me easier cos i follow the tracer. Just squeeze after the tracer. But my best only 16/20 at nite cos i missed one tracer and the rest miss! :bsmilie:

Fav pos = Foxhole and standing. hehe doggie also i likes. :D

My night shoot -> 18/20

My day shoot -> 12/20 :sweat:

afbug said:
Technique no good? Hold your rifle against your shoulder, elbows closer to body. When aiming, hold ur breath. Squeezing the trigger also need to hold your breath.

I beg to differ.
WHen you're abt to shoot, breathe out. It helps to stabilise your body.

Pokka said:
I beg to differ.

Well its not what i was taught then. When doing pull-ups, breadth out as you accend. For range, breadthing out will cause your body to move. - ppl taught me. I not expert in range and only shot during NS time.

Pokka said:
I beg to differ.

Other than stablility,

the breathing, the strength, the holding position, the way that you squeeze the trigger...all got to be consistent in order to hit to bull eye every time.

I can't remember if there is point system for ATP, but some of my targets got 1, 2 and 5 points system, so it is not just about hitting the target, must aim the head or the heart in order to get marksman.

Wai said:
Other than stablility,

the breathing, the strength, the holding position, the way that you squeeze the trigger...all got to be consistent in order to hit to bull eye every time.

I can't remember if there is point system for ATP, but some of my targets got 1, 2 and 5 points system, so it is not just about hitting the target, must aim the head or the heart in order to get marksman.
ATP got point system. 1 target 1 point :bsmilie:

to others there's no point in doing ATP ;p

for me there's only $200 for me to collect everytime i go for ATP during my NSF days :D
Go there is just to twang and collect money.. yum yum.. too bad 1 year can only go once :cry: SAF so stingy...

Klose said:
Anyway what's everyone's preferred shooting position? I like being in prone :bsmilie: (BTW I like to have my sleeves folded to my elbow when I shoot - anyone with the same preference?) ;)
i like prone with support and i'll ask for 2-3 sandbangs so my rifle is fully rested on the sandbang to my eye level. Relak like nobody's business liao. :bsmilie: ahahah.. else sitting position also not bad. quite comfy.

Pokka said:
I beg to differ.

neither u should hold your breath nor breath out before you trigger.

I was taught to breath normally and not hold your breath for too long because it will affect concentration....all u need is to breath in 100% just before you are going to trigger, then breath out 25% (at your normal breathing rate), then pause and quickly got to trigger already.

Wai said:
i use nee soon 500m range and i always get 20/20 for night shoot leh :dunno:
I shoot at Nee Soon 500m range and always get 20/20 for night shoot as well.. You 7 or 3 Bde last time? :)

I get no $ for ATP bcos of my PES :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.