How much to replace the LCD on a Nokia 5210?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meanie

Dec 29, 2002
Visit site
Cracked the LCD (not the cover) on my Nokia 5210... just when I thought it was indestructible. Guess there's no such thing. It can still be used but I'm gonna see if I can replace or repair the screen in the near future coz I really like this phone and will keep it as a spare even when i get another phone.

This kinda thing would it be better going to the Nokia Care Centre or anyone has a good handphone repair shop to recommend? Anyone has any experience with this kinda thing? If possible let me know how much I should be expected to fork out as well. Will only go ahead with the repair if it's viable cost wise. Many thanks!

Meanie said:
Cracked the LCD (not the cover) on my Nokia 5210... just when I thought it was indestructible. Guess there's no such thing. It can still be used but I'm gonna see if I can replace or repair the screen in the near future coz I really like this phone and will keep it as a spare even when i get another phone.

This kinda thing would it be better going to the Nokia Care Centre or anyone has a good handphone repair shop to recommend? Anyone has any experience with this kinda thing? If possible let me know how much I should be expected to fork out as well. Will only go ahead with the repair if it's viable cost wise. Many thanks!

Just walk in to any Nokia Care Center, take a Q-number and then ask them to give you an estimate of the repair cost.
You are not obliged to repair if you are not comfortable with the quote.
At least when you know how much Nokia is charging, you are look for shops that offer less than what Nokia charge.
Just hope the workmanship is good.

The last time, my 6210's LCD cracked, I went there and was quoted $60 for the replacement and service.

Though it's expensive, paying $60 to restore a phone to working condition is better than have a damaged phone which will have no resale or trade-in value.

Lucky, when the collection came, the repair costs turned out to be less than what was quoted. only $50.

The LCD costs vary from phone to phone, since their size differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.