How much to charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinken

Jun 9, 2005
Pasir Ris
colourdots.com
There have been questions unconsolidated and asked all over, over and over on: "How much to charge".

Here's an answer for you to consider:

WTD128-1.gif

No, seriously.

i missed that place. i still have fond memories of the duck using his "son" as a tripod for his 300 2.8. LOL.

uhmm.. from which magazine/newspaper was his taken from?

Well only people let the pros do what pros can do. The reason that pros are losing decency and reputation is becos' amatuers who think they can make some extra bucks charge whatever they like just to get folios and experience.

As a pro I feel that these people photogs around the world a bad name. Hobbyist stay at what it takes to make it fun. Stealing jobs is not. Sorry just my 1 cent worth.

Nonetheless agreed.

A pros work IS a pro's work.

But maybe we can give tips on aspiring Pros?

For me, Having photography as a job is fun, but thats only like 25% of the whole photography business.

i'm not that well exp, but i can tell you, PR skills and loads and loads of patience needed when you work with other people, be it your client, or other photographers.

my 24 cents... heeee.... =)

Well only people let the pros do what pros can do. The reason that pros are losing decency and reputation is becos' amatuers who think they can make some extra bucks charge whatever they like just to get folios and experience.

As a pro I feel that these people photogs around the world a bad name. Hobbyist stay at what it takes to make it fun. Stealing jobs is not. Sorry just my 1 cent worth.

it involves many parties, there're also clients who are willing to settle for less because they want to pay less. its free-market economics. not everyone appreciates quality or some clients are simply cynical about the fees that some pros charge. the only way to stay on top of the competition is to stay competitive.

i have noticed the lower standards that the client can accept but ...

with the digital age, even the photographers are lowering their standards
if the photographers keep the high standards of the film days, the respect will follow

Status
Not open for further replies.