how much to charge for a wedding shoot?

To be honest... I won't volunteer to be their main photog if I haven't got experience not much knowledge in photography.

If it is a very close friend, ask him to hire a pro, and you tag along and take some pictures, enjoy yourself and give them some of the picture as "wedding gift". That take out stress on yourself while you enjoy being there on the day.

I don't advocate to do photography for free, but different mindset is needed when you are doing it just for fun.

As professional, we work in different level as it is something that put food on our table hence we understand how to do the sum on what to charge.

At the end of the day, have fun, learn photography and don't worry about the money side just yet.

I have a lot of pairs of scissors, I still go to hairdresser to cut my hair. Same thing as, if you have a lot of camera equipment, it doesn't mean, you should start charging people.

Being a professional is more then just knowing how to charge and knowing how to take nice photos.

Regards,

Hart

not a professional but if my friend ask me, i will still advise him to find a better photographer while i dun mind being the second photographer (for free, for token angbao or for a meal also can).

I have a lot of pairs of scissors, I still go to hairdresser to cut my hair. Same thing as, if you have a lot of camera equipment, it doesn't mean, you should start charging people.

Being a professional is more then just knowing how to charge and knowing how to take nice photos.

Regards,

Hart

Thats a gem advice!

not a professional but if my friend ask me, i will still advise him to find a better photographer while i dun mind being the second photographer (for free, for token angbao or for a meal also can).

woah why not? I mean if you're really confident of your skills, and can truly provide quality, just don't give him 'discounts' etc (or he will think you're compromising your quality if turns out the pictures not to his/her liking in the end & also so that he will still respect you as a professional photographer and that you know what you have to offer.)

woah why not? I mean if you're really confident of your skills, and can truly provide quality, just don't give him 'discounts' etc (or he will think you're compromising your quality if turns out the pictures not to his/her liking in the end & also so that he will still respect you as a professional photographer and that you know what you have to offer.)

well a friend is still a friend and when money comes into play. i wun want to risk my friendship :)