How much for Lumix lens servicing

Auratus

Jun 1, 2007
Hi People,
Got a used lens from a CSer here which is a Jap import and understand there is no local warranty. Discover there is a speck of white dot inside the front lens and some strange stratch marks inside but not on the lens.
Seeking advise from those who had experience sending to Panasonic for servicing, how much does it cost?

Thanks and appreciated.

Is there any effect on image quality?

Either way you can just bring to service center and ask them to quote before confirming if there is a need to repair and if it is worth the $$$ to repair.

One of my lens roll off the bed accidentally. Only attain minor cosmetic lines but the focus ring became softer to turn lol. So its a blessing!! haha

Guys,
I manage to get some pictures of the problem. Do you guys think it is serious or just leave it alone? Thanks.

Guys,
I manage to get some pictures of the problem. Do you guys think it is serious or just leave it alone? Thanks.

Was it there when you bought it?
Or you did not notice it was there!

Was it there when you bought it?
Or you did not notice it was there!

I did not notice it when I bought it. It was pretty late in the evening around 8-9pm as like everyone it was after work that I pick up the lens. The CSer did give one week personal warranty and that was one month ago. I only discovered it last night.

I just need some expert advice:
1. What can be done?
2. How serious is this issue?
3. Can local PSC do such servicing? And if so would it cost an arm and a leg?

This is the first time in Mirrorless and collection lenses so it is a learning curve for me.

Thank you all.

Actually I am curious as well. Thought this lens is sealed against dust and moisture. How the spec came about?

This is not the first case I seen this speck. (Not the scratches though)

If it doesn't affect the image quality then just live with it.

You hv one week warranty. Not happy, just return it lar.

see does it appear in ur photos..if yes...either..sell it..make a loss..or go service centre ask for quote..though u might be charged for the service..

Hi People,
I probably live with the purchase, disappointed of course with the defect but not heart broken. Some time in life, we just accept things that happened.

What kind of shot can I make to determine whether it has an effect on the image?

Thanks guys!

Hi People, I probably live with the purchase, disappointed of course with the defect but not heart broken. Some time in life, we just accept things that happened. What kind of shot can I make to determine whether it has an effect on the image? Thanks guys!

Shoot a white wall

looks like the adhesive holding the lens element wasn't applied properly and peeled off inside the lens. doubt there will be much effect on IQ from the "scratches".

white dot in the middle may show up if u shoot the blue sky at small apertures like F16-32

Shoot a white wall

Will try out, thanks.

looks like the adhesive holding the lens element wasn't applied properly and peeled off inside the lens. doubt there will be much effect on IQ from the "scratches".

white dot in the middle may show up if u shoot the blue sky at small apertures like F16-32

Eek! Though Made In Jippon, have good quality standard and control. Guess, the operator at that moment is not happy or too happy. Ha.

Thanks.