How much do you think a D60(2nd hand) will cost after 10D

What is the price you'll pay for a 2nd hand D60 after 10D

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.photo.net/canon/10D_preview.html

Yes, the 10D is going for US$1499. I rest my case. Anyone who expects $2400 for a used D60 now is going to be badly disappointed. Even a brand new one sealed in a box, with warranty, probably wouldn't fetch $2400 once the 10D hits the streets.

This poll is rather accurate. I rest my case too.

My thoughts on this issue is that:

Once the 10D hits the strreet, the price of D60 or even Nikon D100 will drop. Nikon is a competitor after all. Newbies looking for a DSLR will be attracted by the canon DSLR for it's low price if Nikon dun follow suit.

People may have thoughs about bug on the new camera. However, let not forget the D60 and D100 is only 1 year old. Not as if they are in use for 2-3 years where all the bugs are resolved.

The drop in price will benefit those that haven't got the DSLR. Those having one will have a big drop in value.

From the poll I can gather one thing. There are 6 D60 user that has voted. :D

Good observation. :) 6 D60 people voted. COMFIRM ;p
Originally posted by binbeto
My thoughts on this issue is that:

Once the 10D hits the strreet, the price of D60 or even Nikon D100 will drop. Nikon is a competitor after all. Newbies looking for a DSLR will be attracted by the canon DSLR for it's low price if Nikon dun follow suit.

People may have thoughs about bug on the new camera. However, let not forget the D60 and D100 is only 1 year old. Not as if they are in use for 2-3 years where all the bugs are resolved.

The drop in price will benefit those that haven't got the DSLR. Those having one will have a big drop in value.

From the poll I can gather one thing. There are 6 D60 user that has voted. :D

those must be the 6 that voted >$3200.

Originally posted by mylau
those must be the 6 that voted >$3200.

I made it 7! ;p

Seriously, now 10D is priced at around 3K only. I have to admit that selling D60 above 2.4K will be very tough. :dunno:

haha...true...oni owners will "pay" so much for 2nd hand....ahaha..
:bsmilie:

then rest 40+% are those want to buy but no money to buy ...like me....:embrass:

now that US retailing at US$1499, i hope that singapore will sell at around $2500 or less......:)

Think all those like me looking for 2nd hand D60 will wait till 10D is out...:devil:

Originally posted by Klause
Good observation. :) 6 D60 people voted. COMFIRM ;p

I have an eye for details , you know? :)

If D60 has fallen to less than 2K or just 2K, I might be tempted to buy one and "play". That is if the D100 price stubbornly refuse to drop.

Originally posted by binbeto

I have an eye for details , you know? :)

If D60 has fallen to less than 2K or just 2K, I might be tempted to buy one and "play". That is if the D100 price stubbornly refuse to drop.

I will gladly accept your toys after u play finish :D

My view is that a used D60 will be around S$1600-S$2000, like what mylau and sriram has mentioned. A mint one? May be around S$2000-2200. Mind you, the 10D has improvements over the D60 and the street price is US$1500. I would estimate that in SG, CP and AP would sell it around S$2500-2700, Harvey Norman S$2888 or S$2999.

The D100 will match that price after the 10D arrives here (which my guess is around July/August) and continue to have freebies like what it has now: 1x256 MB Lexar 24x CF + 1xHard case.

I'm not sure if Canon has any freebies now, so for them to give freebies to match may be interesting.

hi guys, i just ended my sales for d60 and just couldn't help but to share my view.

i can only agree that the price of d60 in sg will drop below the price of the 10D, but only when it arrive here in sg. (anyone got their 10D yet? seems like D60 or D30 is the only afforable choice right now)
And regarding the actual amount of drop, how much is the price of 10D now in sg? (anyone paid up for the 10D yet?)

As a owner of a D60, I definitely value the D60 much more than $2400 right now. (anyone manage to buy a D60 below $2400?)
But if you don't need it, or don't own it, then its definitely not worth the value.
How much it value depends on how much you need it, and when do u need it? So if you can wait for the 10D to arrive, the D60 is definitely not worth the value. But if you need a good canon D-SLR now, be willing to pay the value, not to negotiate base on "forward pricing".

cheers
Kelvin

congradulations!

fully agree with you. yes the d60 will take a while to drop. time to test patience. heehee...

Originally posted by DieHarder
hi guys, i just ended my sales for d60 and just couldn't help but to share my view.

i can only agree that the price of d60 in sg will drop below the price of the 10D, but only when it arrive here in sg. (anyone got their 10D yet? seems like D60 or D30 is the only afforable choice right now)
And regarding the actual amount of drop, how much is the price of 10D now in sg? (anyone paid up for the 10D yet?)

As a owner of a D60, I definitely value the D60 much more than $2400 right now. (anyone manage to buy a D60 below $2400?)
But if you don't need it, or don't own it, then its definitely not worth the value.
How much it value depends on how much you need it, and when do u need it? So if you can wait for the 10D to arrive, the D60 is definitely not worth the value. But if you need a good canon D-SLR now, be willing to pay the value, not to negotiate base on "forward pricing".

cheers
Kelvin

Originally posted by DieHarder

Kelvin

So how much did you manage to sell your d60?

I'm just curious is most who voted here think that it is not worth buying d60 at >$2400...

And those who have the d60 not willing to let go below that price...

So... no more sale of d60 or only to those who don't mind paying more to get d60 NOW despite a new more feature one is coming?

Well just thinking out loud...

Hi Snowcrash,

To clarify; i did not manage to sell the D60, else i would suffer heavy lost and may end up without a camera for a very long time... till the 10d arrive.

so i had ended my sales without selling off the d60.

for some of the answers to your questions, u may find them in my selling thread in the buy/sell section: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25539

cheers
Kelvin

Status
Not open for further replies.