How many shutter counts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
westwest1 said:
well...i rather sleep after making money....if not working = no money to purchase camera stuff...i rather spent my free time chilling out with friends then shooting events...:)
Not working I'll rather go shoot events and not spend $$$ elsewhere so that i can :devil:.

yilishengxian said:
Not working I'll rather go shoot events and not spend $$$ elsewhere so that i can :devil:.

I rather have a social life....;)

Snoweagle said:
100K?? I doubt so leh...maybe less.

well...at least there should be 50k or more...10D is also a mid range camera after all..

but as long as the camera does not fail you like in a middle of a shoot...its save..

But worry less and shoot more...it fail means it fail...time to visit hospital liaoz..

Tango3 said:
Of my 2.5 years using my D100, with a shutter count of approx 92K, the shutter has had to be changed twice. Once at 35K, once at 89K.

oh...looks like 50k MTBF...

yilishengxian said:
Shooting with friends is social too :)

you dun get the msg do you...

its ok...I rest my case..

westwest1 said:
well...at least there should be 50k or more...10D is also a mid range camera after all..

but as long as the camera does not fail you like in a middle of a shoot...its save..

But worry less and shoot more...it fail means it fail...time to visit hospital liaoz..

I've clocked more than 20K shots le...always have this feeling that shutter going to die liao :bsmilie:

Normally, things failed faster when we don't use them. :bsmilie:
When it is time to fail, let it be loh.
Give yourself a good reason to upgrade... :devil:

I like my 10D, i'll just change shutter once it's due to. Even 30D now dun tempt me. Though features are better but mirro slapping is too loud and build quality is inferior.

Snoweagle said:
I like my 10D, i'll just change shutter once it's due to. Even 30D now dun tempt me. Though features are better but mirro slapping is too loud and build quality is inferior.
How much did you pay for the shutter change? Was it under warranty?

yilishengxian said:
How much did you pay for the shutter change? Was it under warranty?

I haven't changed my shutter yet, shouldn't cost over $300 i think.

nightwolf75 said:
do u buy a DSLR to display or use?

I am interested to buy one. But as a newbie.. I am thinking to buy second-hand and the owner usually mentioned the shutter counts. That's why I am wondering how many will that be before it's obsolete.

aborigini said:
I am interested to buy one. But as a newbie.. I am thinking to buy second-hand and the owner usually mentioned the shutter counts. That's why I am wondering how many will that be before it's obsolete.

check for the MTBF for the shutter and that will give u an idea already...

Any way u can exact the shutter count on Canon systems ?
File numbering can be reset rite and switch off rite?

How about nikon systems, how to determine exact count ?
If like YLSX, his gone through the 4 cycle liao...
Seller can say he seldom use the cam... when it display 100 count

cost of replacement of canon shutter = $200.

Price of having more satisfying nice pictures = $Priceless

Status
Not open for further replies.