how long oly cameras last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianmo

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
my uz-2100 died after 2 years, the repair fee costs me $420 (which of course no one in his right mind will pay to repair). my friend's uz-2100 broke down twice even after a new board was replaced during his 1st 6 mths, he quickly sold it then.

and now when i am looking thru some newer models in the dpreview forum, i realised that failure rates of oly cameras are fairly high (though i hav not compared with other brands)

this made me think whether oly cameras are built to last...? true, they take excellent pics (i am eyeing for 5060 for its sharp and clean images) but so what if they are not meant to last for a good period of time?

anyone with differing views? just my 2 cents here.

my oly 4040 is still good... bought dec01 till today still working great.....didn't drop before and kept in dry box when not in use.... i suspect it will still last me a long time....the solid body give me that confidence.

the bright lens is fantastic....pity don't take unlimited video like the 5050....or sony cameras.....

My 730 is going strong after 1 year plus liao. So far no problem with this cam yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.