How long can we keep undeveloped film rolls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faran

Feb 3, 2005
Hi Guys,

I want to ask that if I use a ISO 100 film, how long I can keep my films rolls undeveloped before there is any quality degradation if it happens at all. I really have no idea about this issue. I hope some of you can guide me on this. Thanks alot.

Faran

I think there is no definite anwser to this. Just shoot and develop it asap if quality is of concern to you. If quality is not of concern to you, you would not ask this question.

Actually I would like to develop and print my rolls in my own country where it is much cheaper, that is why I am asking. According to my experience I have left my rolls for around two months and did not feel any quality degradation. Just wanted to know other people's opinion. Thanks. :)

Faran

Faran said:
Actually I would like to develop and print my rolls in my own country where it is much cheaper, that is why I am asking. According to my experience I have left my rolls for around two months and did not feel any quality degradation. Just wanted to know other people's opinion. Thanks. :)

Faran

As long as the film is not exposed to high levels of heat** then slower ISO film will be fine until it's expiry date at a minimum. The main worry for travellers are the new high powered X-ray units at points of entry (airports etc) that are capable of damaging slow film.

My recommendation, just get the film developed but not printed if you are in doubt.

**Read the film manufacturer's temperature recommendations as they change from emulsion to emulsion

Status
Not open for further replies.