How likely would a new 35mm L be released soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
35L

135L

180L Macro

All the white prime long lenses need updates.

Timeframe within 24 months.

Isnt there an an event next week from Canon? I'd watch out for that instead of the Apple iPad announcement.

If you have a paying gig I'd buy it now. If you want a lens that will not be outresolved by a 50-65MP FF sensor then wait.

My preference for an update is a 180L Macro with HIS and the lightest fast lens within the 400-500-600mm range.

35L II is nice but I do wonder what I'd use it for what with the 24, 50, 24-70, 16-35 & 17-40 around.

Last edited:
Like others have said, 35L II has been rumored to come out since 2 years ago and the people who waited are still holding their breath...

Yeah, I wouldn't want to wait till I am blue in the face. :)

Someone said there will be a Canon event next week ..... maybe another week then. Anyway, when I was checking with the stores in early Dec (J16, Parisilk, SLR Revo), there weren't available stocks then. Maybe the stocks have come in since.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to wait till I am blue in the face. :)

Someone said there will be a Canon event next week ..... maybe another week then. Anyway, when I was checking with the stores in early Dec (J16, Parisilk, SLR Revo), there weren't available stocks then. Maybe the stocks have come in since.

Feb 9

I'd just get it now. I have one and i'm loving every bit of it :)
As some others have said, there's not much canon can do concerning the IQ of this lens, its simple fantastic ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.