How important are your camera gear, will you lend it to your friend?

Are you OK by lending you camera gear out? If Yes, how long will you lend?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back my D70 kit from a friend who went to Perth for a 2 weeks holiday.
I lent it to her coz she was undecided on should she buy a DSLR..
Now...1 more person is gonna join the dark side.:devil:

i voted for Yes. Any friend can borrow.

but not any friend... any friend who is kind enough to reimburse me by renting the equipment out....

all equipment is my preciousssss........ :bsmilie:

i bought my camera for 2 days and used it for 2 days. and it's with a friend now for almost 2 weeks when i'm inside camp. yeah what does that consider? =) it's down to principles and trust.

i lend to my friend for months. no need to check on him. he knows how to take care of it.

Never. Explain to them nicely that my gears are for personal use only, not even my wife can use them! :)

Hiee..

I personally have loaned my 7D to a friend for a wedding event. Well, for a short period its okay...as long as i dont need to use at that period.

I personally have loaned some stuff form our fellow CSer's and its based on mutual trust that we help each other out. Not just because you know some one who have many items and you treat him like a free-rental place.

In fact i still have a flash bracket still with one of fellow CSer's and since i dont really need it...its okay. But not that to the time i need it back and he/she says ops...i sold it away...then this spells trouble.

Anyway...be weary of whom you loan things to.

In fact i still have a flash bracket still with one of fellow CSer's and since i dont really need it...its okay. But not that to the time i need it back and he/she says ops...i sold it away...then this spells trouble.

hee, don't worry, the one you lent me still sitting there waiting to go back to rightful owner. can meet and pass back any time you want. i bought my own from the shop you told me about already.

i pick and choose who i lend stuff to also, not so much based on how close we are, but based on how well i think this person will take care of my gear. i've lent camera and lens to someone i met only once or twice before, but i have some very close friends that i wouldn't lend an expensive lens to cos i know they sure drop it one ;p

no. don't want. can not. no way.

Lent my D70, 20mm, 50mm and 28-80mm to my cousin for a week, taught her how to take good care of the stuff first, and gave her some tips on shooting. She's totally new to it. I must admit I felt a teeny bit uneasy at some moments. But I think it's okay to lend to people you trust, and it's also an avenue for good friends who want to learn about photography to give it a shot without investing $$ first :bsmilie:

It is all about trust and feelings for me.

I may not lend anything to my good friend but I may even lend or give something to a stranger :cool:
For sure, NO NO if you don't feel comfortable to lend out.

:embrass: :embrass: i will be obsessing about the possible scratches.. so no no.. :( :(

Depends on the skill of the person I will be lending to.

If he/she is an experienced and trusted person, I don't mind.

If he/she is those, "Eh! Lend and play-play leh." who probably dun even know that u compose thru the viewfinder and not the LCD... there's a 99.99999999% chance I would decline that request.

I even lend to total strangers photographers if i'm around. Sometime it make the other ppl happy cos without it they will not be able to take the shot. If my good friends wants to use my gears and they can handle and care for them, i will lend it to them. Drybox included if they dont have one...hee.

NO WAY! Till these days, I still remember lending a brand new SLR. Returned body scratched and cracked LCD............. :angry:

Another occasion? lending a guy the latest videocam for free. His beautiful reply? Err, quality no good. Guess what? Next year, he want to borrow the cam again :think:

My happiest reply: Well, u said no good. I SOLD it :bsmilie:

To close friends can, end of the day if spoilt or damage, pay me lor...:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.