How has photography changed you/life ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acetylcholine

Jun 13, 2003
Visit site
it's going to make me look stupid but

whenever see a subject with an imperfection (such as a pimple) i was thinking, "clone the unaffected areas"

or when i see someone wearing a hat under the sun and it causes shadows..i tell myself " fill flash"

now whenever i see 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 , i think of shutter speeds.
:bsmilie:

i used to look through my eyes... fixxed focal length... now there are wide angle, normal, and telephoto lenses to choose from... much better.

I've found another way to make people happy.

Nonsense ESPN, we've seen your photos. If photography hasn't changed your life, your photos have changed ours, even if it is a little bit.

I start to learn alphabets again:
A for Adobe
B for Bowens
C for Canon
D for Durst
E for Epson

Are you kidding? If it hasn't changed my life, I say I would be lying.

Without the appearance of photography, I wouldn't be interested in Media and Communication, and advertising.
I would be stuck in a distance-learning university somewhere doing a degree in the English language.
And I might have been bored stiff, outta my mind. ;)

So, it shaped my future for me at a time when I didn't know where to go.

sleepness night
effective weight lost due to insomnia + roti diet + walk alot (to hunt for equipment and hunt for nice subject) :bsmilie:
less time with my GF+family
more time with my dog
more time infront of computer
:sweat:

It gives you a special awareness of your surroundings, which I've now come to treasure

Not much change coz my weird habit of visualizing my environment led me to photography... i used to annoy ppl by bringing their attention to details and framing of unusual scenes, making up stories and what-if scenarios.. like the underground mafia of cornershop mamas, the secret hand-signs of the baby coalition and the national security network of ice cream sellers.

Unfortunately, I have very little talent with still images coz I'm actually more interested in the cinema of the unfolding world. So, maybe filming will have more impact in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.