How do you clean the camera after a outdoor shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

red6393

Dec 8, 2007
Hi ,

I'm new to this hobby, just wondering how you clean the body after an outdoor trip before putting back to the dry cabinet?

For the lens I just blow and keep.

Please advise.

Cheers.

ya just use blower to blow and then keep in a cam bag after every outdoor trip.
and no wet weather trips for my cam.

After a sweaty outing, I will wipe down the body and lens exterior with a damp cloth, in an air conditioned room. It dries pretty quickly, and then I store in the dry cab.

I wipe visible dust using a clean cloth.

Let the dust settle first before opening my dry cabinet to minimize dusts going inside my cam & lenses

cheers!!

Only clean it when necessary.... ;)

i only clean the lens if there are any visible dust or marks on them
i dun wipe the whole body unless it had went tru wet weather

afterwhich i store them in the dry cabi

i will wipe down with a damp tissue/cloth after every sweaty outing (most of the time!) and blow the lens... clean only if got marks...

I won't clean it unless necessary. I'll only clean my filter when it gets dirty.

If it gets real dirty, like mud, sand etc., will splash with water, give it a nice scrub, dry it, and into the dry cabinet to absorb moisture! :bsmilie:

I think that the most problematic event that you need to clean the body is when you go out to the sea. You got al kinds of things there that can deteriorate your camera body: I mean: sand, salt water, high moisture, etc... Then I think it's best to clean the camera with a damp cloth and let it dries before putting it back in your dry box

I never used to damp wipe my lenses and body, but after a while. I noticed that some of the surfaces were getting sticky. A nice wipedown with a damp cloth restored them to their non-yucky state. It doesn't help that many lenses and bodies are black so you can't see the accumutation of grime.

I use a blower to blow the camera body and lens. Then use the brush of my lens pen to sweep the body one more time. :)

i will closed the door and windows, switch on air-con, wipe the exteriors with a damp cloth, blow away the dust with a blower, keep body and lenses in dry cabi, lastly take out neck strap to be washed and sun dried later.:sweat:

saw quite a lot people using a blower they looks like a toy rocket
whats its real name called? really that effective?

If i went to the beach or pespired alot then i would wipe won both the body and lens extriors. Blowing is done only before I pack it for the shoot heh.. most of the time its just shoot and keep...

I used the one called A*F, light blue in colour. The rubber is very thick and the compressed air is effective to blow away the dust on my camera body and lens. :)

Giottos Rocket blower.... ;)

Good :thumbsup:

I used the one called A*F, light blue in colour. The rubber is very thick and the compressed air is effective to blow away the dust on my camera body and lens. :)

Yeap. Can be purchased from John 3:16. I notice the Rocket Blower I used to have became sticky after about half a year of usage, so I got the A*F blower, and its exterior condition is like when it was new. No degradation of rubber or such.

Apparently, John 3:16's own blower is an A*F blower that's been around for so many years, it's discoloured to the state it's now in (go check out their blower if you happen to drop by. It's a bit greenish brownish blue, no longer just light blue. hehe.

Thanks for all your suggestion, look like damp cloth is the way to go, by the way, are you guys talking about normal cloth or those micro-fibre cloth? Think I saw someone mention about micro-fibre cloth somewhere in the forum.

Think another issue is also sea water which is highly corrosive.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.