How do you clean the camera after a outdoor shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will closed the door and windows, switch on air-con, wipe the exteriors with a damp cloth, blow away the dust with a blower, keep body and lenses in dry cabi, lastly take out neck strap to be washed and sun dried later.:sweat:

May I know what type of Camera neckstrap can be easily taken out?

Is it ok to put the camera straight into the drybox after each outing or do I have to let it "cool down" first?

Is it ok to put the camera straight into the drybox after each outing or do I have to let it "cool down" first?

Why not? You put your camera in to absorb moisture right? :) In fact, the "cooling down" is in the drybox/cabinet.

Why not? You put your camera in to absorb moisture right? :) In fact, the "cooling down" is in the drybox/cabinet.

How do you know whether the dry cabinet is working? E.g. Spoilt? By looking at the humidity meter?

Yeap. Can be purchased from John 3:16. I notice the Rocket Blower I used to have became sticky after about half a year of usage, so I got the A*F blower, and its exterior condition is like when it was new. No degradation of rubber or such.

Apparently, John 3:16's own blower is an A*F blower that's been around for so many years, it's discoloured to the state it's now in (go check out their blower if you happen to drop by. It's a bit greenish brownish blue, no longer just light blue. hehe.

Actually this blower is quite popular, I got it from TK Foto and saw that Orient Photo sell it too.

Hmm... Actually this blower is also used by the Pentax Service Center technicians. :)

clean...errr..me? oops!!! time to start practise it..

Status
Not open for further replies.